Improving GRG in 2016

FWIW, I really like the site layout…and it looks good to me on the phone as well. I’m really not too much into other ‘social media’…I always feel like I’m shoving my personal life down someones throat. Kind of like my sister in law…how many times are you gonna make a post because your kid farted??

Anyway, maybe we could have a section for ‘spur of the moment’ sessions.

For instatnce–it’s after dinner, around 7:30, and the wife lets me have a couple hours to play…so I log on, and make a simple post----Blops 3…PS4…7:45 EST.

On the flip side…I get a couple hours to play, but not sure what I want to play, or if anybody’s on. I log on, see Blops 3…PS4…7:45 and think “yeah, I could go for some COD”.

I think the planned events go rather smoothly…it’s the thrown-together sessions that could use a bit of direction.

1 Like

Here is something that needs to be worked towards on the PS4 side. If you are passionate about a game, and are a member of the community, make an event. Anyone can make an event, you don’t have to be a Team Lead to do so. For example @Cootersaurus has helped me through numerous parts of Bloodborne so far and I am sure he will going into the future. So @Cootersaurus could essentially make a Bloodborne night each month (or however often) where he will be on to assist a couple of people in Bloodborne because that is one of his strong suits. The same could be done by another member who was good at COD Zombies for example. This builds relationships and strengthens the community as a whole. Just to clarify that these are examples of things that could be done. Just remember if you are going to make an event to “own” it, make sure people know about it, make sure it’s something you enjoy doing (don’t play a game that makes you miserable lol)

4 Likes

i’m as casual as you can get I work 3rd shift and only game mostly on the weekend and miss almost every clan night. but the forums are how I keep up with the community and take a active stance and have my voice heard. being as my game time is limited i’m in and out but the site is the central part for me to know who is doing what and what games everyone’s playing

2 Likes

For 2016 I hope we can work on better communication. Know that if anyone on PS side has an issue you can PM me and/or @Audible_Silence. If you DM me in site chat my phone notifies me, a forum PM make take me a bit longer to see if I am at work but I will always respond, if its not something I can help you with I will get you to the right admin to handle it. On top of what you see in the forums there is also a staff forums where stuff gets brought up and dealt with. I also heard rumors of a mythical Admin forum/chat where I can only imagine that the things that happen there would make Caligula say “That’s sick” lol. Anyhow if you have an issue give us a chance to handle it at the lowest level possible as @Lala_Calamari and @Grex have a shit ton on their plate as it is and staff are put in place for that reason

3 Likes

The problem with having separate forums for situations like this is exactly the problem we are talking about. Four separate forums creates four separate groups of conversations, one blanket forum helps the interactions with all members.

Besides if we split everything up like that, then the forums would just get too cluttered.

1 Like

Instead of adding a bunch of PS4 and XBOX forums wouldn’t it be easier and less cluttered just to have a PS4 and XBOX LFG forum. Then the discussions about the game includes both sides when discussing the game itself. The LFG forum allows each individual console a place to find people to play with. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I feel an lfg forum is needed. I brought it up n awhile ago but others said that’s what chat is for, unfortunately not everyone uses chat. Another option is to use phone apps to see who is online, but that’s too easy for grg.

Maybe change the news to “community events”

If one of the GRG members could write a review on some of these new games, (titanfall2) that would add to prompting members to get games or not.

1 Like

@AmuseKus did that very thing just for you.

3 Likes