Infinite Warfare Mega Thread

2 more maps have been announced for the MW Remaster. Bog and Overgrown, both maps I loved. Yes, I know Bog is so one sided but fighting for the better side was half the fun. Overgrown is great since it’s so huge, a map style CoD has really got away from.

The two maps are Overgrown and Bog. Overgrown, set in a long abandoned town overrun by vegetation, appeared in 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and two years later in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Bog, a junk field set in Saudi Arabia, was only in the first Modern Warfare.

The three others that were announced by Activision on Monday are Backlot, Crash and Crossfire. Five more maps, promised to be fan favorites from the breakthrough hit, will be announced later.

I was wrong, it’s not call of Halo, it’s call of TitanFall with no mechs.

November’s gonna be like…

2 Likes

perfect for reapers… mine are getting a little worn, might have to pick these ones up.

Now that the dust has settled, we can piece together a little more detail about Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Infinity Ward’s Taylor Kurosaki and Jacob Minkoff have been busy giving interviews, including the latest with PlayStation’s Sid Shuman:

For those of you without thirty minutes to spare, there are a few main points to take away from the interview. The developers were keen to stress that Infinite Warfare was designed to feel like a Call of Duty game – they both used the word “grounded” a lot, and make a ton of references to military and naval consultants on the project making sure that the futuristic elements of the game feel like a natural progression from today’s armed forces operations. They also cited war stories – including Band of Brothers and Black Hawk Down – as inspirations over science fiction, and anticipated that the game’s epic central conflict would have a feel similar to a World War scenario.

The single player campaign takes place entirely in our own Solar System, and locations will so far include Earth, Titan and at least one asteroid. The developers were keen to stress the central concept of leadership. Protagonist Reyes is no rookie, and will quickly find himself Captain of a warship called the Retribution, deciding when and how to take on missions from STRATCOM whilst also picking up “targets of opportunity” – self-started missions yielding weapons, loot and intel, which in turn boost chances of success in the main campaign missions.

The other main concept Infinity Ward have been wanting to get across is the supposed seamlessness of the experience. When playing the game, we should find no loading screens between a ground battle, getting in our airship (a “Jackal”, capable of below- and above-stratosphere flight), zooming into space and into the Retribution. Similarly, during a space dogfight, there should be situations where you can seamlessly exit your Jackal and get into zero-G combat. Space combat was touched on briefly, mainly to mention that the core cover-based gameplay of Call of Duty will be retained in these sequences through the use of a grapple and thrusters, to effectively sprint between points of cover.

It was also made clear that the single player campaign of Infinite Warfare will not include co-op. The inevitable Co-op Zombie mode was hinted at but no further details were given.

In other news, the Legacy Pro edition of Infinite Warfare will be exclusive to GAME in the UK - which means if any of us Brits want to get our hands on the Steelbook and soundtrack (as well as unannounced digital extras) we will have to head to their stores or website. If you do pre-order from GAME, you’ll get 500 COD points (redeemable in Call of Duty: Black Ops III) and – while stocks last – a limited edition double-sided poster.

What about that Modern Warfare remaster? Well, apart from the obvious audio-visual upgrades, all we know is that the full campaign will be included but apparently only 10 multiplayer maps will appear, at least at launch. Known maps are “Crash”, “Backlot” and “Crossfire”. The multiplayer will be updated to include “killstreaks, XP, Prestige and more”.

How are we all feeling about Infinite Warfare so far? I think it’s a missed opportunity to really jump the shark, call it Infinity War and introduce superheroes as well as space marines. Maybe next year?

I’d have hope in these dislikes if I thought that it would make a difference in sales. However, I don’t see it happening. People will gripe about the ridiculous premise (rightfully so), then get sucked in - either because it’s COD, or because of the MW remaster. Hell, the MW remaster is all my kid is talking about.

I’m not buying. I have a gut feeling that after the holidays they’ll release MW remaster separately. I consider that when/if they do.

2 Likes

People are just doing ti to be dicks, they will still buy.

Yeah and I will believe it when I see it.

2 Likes

Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Overview

MWR:

SPACE COD does nothing for me, but I can’t wait to get my hands on the MW1 remake. Looks great, and reminds me of good clan nights.

I will admit that it is not as bad as I thought it would be, seems to move a bit slower that Blops 3, TTK seems Ghosts type fast. maps are just sooo small though

Then again I don’t think they showed just how “spacey” the MP will be still

I think playing Blops 3 again just reaffirmed the fact that i dont care for the direction CoD is going. I am stuck with Blops but i am done until maybe WaW 2. If i want a space game i will go with Titanfall

1 Like

Following on the from the multiplayer reveal earlier this month, Activision have today announced details of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer beta which will begin in just under a month’s time for fans who have pre-ordered the game at participating retailers.

Starting on Friday, October 21st at 10AM PT/5PM GMT, the beta will run throughout the course of the weekend, with Infinity Ward concluding the test on Monday, October 24th at 10AM PT/5PM GMT.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer allows you to customise your play like never before, with the fast paced gameplay that Call of Duty is known for, giving you more ways to optimise weapons and gear to your personal style of play. Infinite Warfare introduces the most advanced tools of war: combat rigs, high-tech equipment and unique prototype weapons. Everything – including weapons, equipment, lethals and tacticals – has been built for a variety of play styles, where you have the power to combine them however you want. Movement in Infinite Warfare multiplayer builds from the fluid, momentum-based system of Call of Duty: Black Ops III and is evolved to custom-fit the new combat that will still feel familiar to any Call of Duty player.

At the moment, the content of the beta hasn’t been revealed, but Activision have promised they’ll give more details in the “coming weeks.”

For more information on the beta and to register for access, you can head over to Infinite Warfare beta webiste here.

2 Likes

Can’t help but think of Destiny when looking at that screenshot.

I think shooting @Azalin4savioR in the face is fun.

1 Like
1 Like

I want to pre-order the digital version of CoD with MW remastered. Main reason is my oldest wants MW remastered and we can share games digitally. I’m trying to decide what version to get.

CoD + MW Remastered is $79.99
CoD + MW Remastered + IW Season pass is $99.99 (probably what I decide to get since Season pass is only 20 more)

Then there is the Legacy Pro edition that has CoD IW, MW Remaster, IW Season pass + “Bonus Content” for $119. WTF is bonus content and why is it worth 20 more??

What? You can share digital purchases?