Infinite Warfare Mega Thread

The game is scheduled for release worldwide on November 4 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC and, as expected, is developed by Infinity Ward. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will introduce an entirely new setting for the Call of Duty series: Space. The game’s campaign will feature new weapons and abilities, and take the player on a journey from boots-on-ground combat to piloting high-speed space-fighters. Activision has described it as a “near seamless experience with few visible loading times.”

Infinite Warfare’s single-player campaign will cast players as Captain Reyes, a Tier 1 Special Operations pilot who helms one of Earth’s last remaining warships. Air and space combat will be “a key aspect of the campaign.”

“This year, we’re both honoring the heritage of Call of Duty while taking players to incredible new heights,” said Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg. “Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is a bold, new vision from the studio that created the original Call of Duty and Modern Warfare, and an adventure on an insanely epic scale that only Call of Duty could deliver.”

Dave Stohl, studio head of Infinity Ward added: “With Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, we are taking Call of Duty to places fans have never experienced in the series. On one hand, this game is the kind of gritty, boots on the ground, visceral war story that Call of Duty is known for. On the other, its future setting takes players on a journey of epic scale and proportions, providing incredible gameplay innovations and new experiences for our fans. This is a grand scale, old-school, all-out war in an epic new-school setting. And it’s going to be a hell of a lot of
fun.”

While multiplayer and Zombie modes were also confirmed, details were scarce. Zombies will be a co-operative mode featuring a new storyline and unique mechanics. More information on both modes will be released “later this year.”

Activision has revealed the following editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare so far:

Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition: Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered – SRP $79.99.

Digital Deluxe Edition: Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass – SRP $99.99.

Legacy Pro Edition: Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible steelbook, official game soundtrack and additional digital items – SRP $119.99.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Legacy Edition will include a “true high-definition” remaster of 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is being executive produced by Infinity Ward and developed by Raven, which has provided support on
previous entries in the series. It will include the full Modern Warfare campaign and ten multiplayer maps with enhanced textures, physically based rendering, high-dynamic range lighting, and “much more.” Confirmed maps so far include Crash, Backlot, and Crossfire.

Rumours that this year’s Call of Duty game would be titled Infinite Warfare surfaced last month, and were followed by reports of Activision filing applications for trademarks on the title. The publisher posted a teaser on May 1, which follows on from a cryptic video also released over the same weekend.Footage of the game will be revealed on a live-stream broadcast on the official Call of Duty Twitch channel at 10:30 AM PST today. Need more juicy details about Infinite Warfare? Check out our breakdown of all the information on the game revealed so far.

3 Likes

In addition to a new teaser clip for Call of Duty: Infinite War, developer Infinity Ward yesterday released a “Call of Duty Heritage” video. In this video, developers at the studio talk about what the franchise means to them and how they hope their new game will push the franchise forward.

Infinity Ward has very high hopes for the game, comparing it to 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which it also developed.“I want people to play our new game and say, 'Wow, I haven’t seen CoD change that much since [Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare],” design director Jacob Minkoff said in the video.

Modern Warfare is one of the most beloved and influential shooters in the Call of Duty series and across the entire FPS landscape. The game moved the Call of Duty series away from the World War II setting and into the modern day. Its online mode, with its RPG-like ranking and class system, changed the world of competitive shooters forever, GameSpot said in a retrospective feature.

Activision, when it initially announced Infinity Ward’s new Call of Duty game in February, described the game as “innovative,” but that’s all we knew about it.

Also in the video, art director Brian Horton–who worked on Rise of the Tomb Raider before recently joining Infinity Ward–said 2016’s Call of Duty game will push franchise storytelling to new heights.“I see a new level of storytelling coming to this franchise,” he said.

Infinity Ward is expected to announce more details on the new Call of Duty game, titled Infinite Warfare, during a livestream event today, May 2. In addition to the new game.

1 Like

If there are real innovative changes like space battles in some fashion I’ll most likely purchase, & more lasers also.

Have a " wait and see " about buying this game . I just wish COD 4 can be bought as a stand alone game instead of a bundle purchase .

3 Likes

Piloting space fighters? I assume on rails like star fox and not like halo reach

1 Like

Haven’t they promised dedicated servers with every current gen release of COD? Are people buying it this time?

Yep lolz

Because CoD 4 remastered would sell way more alone than IW would.

I would assume yes, and that at a later date they will let us know that…just to entice a few more sales.

Comparison video

3 Likes

I want Martrydom…I’ll die on purpose just to piss guys off with it.

4 Likes

but, when I drop the Martyrdom grenade I can say it wasn’t my fault.

1 Like

For those that didn’t watch it…

If they have some type of dogfight MP mode i will be floored.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will allow players to pilot a transforming fighter plane that can be upgraded and customized.

The fighter, referred to in the game as a Jackal, “can transform between atmospheric flight mode and zero-G flight mode for when you have to dogfight in the vacuum of space,” Infinity Ward design director Jacob Minkoff explained in an interview with IGN.

According to Minkoff, Infinite Warfare will offer a seamless experience in which players are fully invested in not only their character, but also their vehicle. “It’s kind of the Top Gun fantasy,” he explained, noting that “it’s your fighter that you get to upgrade and customize. You get to walk along the flight deck and have the flight crew preparing it for you and saluting you and you get into it and you fly out into these crazy missions that you chose to go to.”

Instead of fragmenting the game by shoehorning in vehicle sequences, “they are seamlessly woven into the fiction of the character and the mechanics of the game,” providing an experience that Minkoff described as being “completely holistic.”

In this way, “you can be boots on ground, fighting through the streets of a city on earth, call down your Jackal, get into it, fly up through the atmosphere, engage in a dogfight over the orbit of earth, finish that dogfight, land on the deck of the carrier, get into the carrier, go up to the bridge, and order your ship to go to the next mission and all of it happens seamlessly with no loading screens.”

So they’re giving mw dedicated servers and true to the original form of progression? I’m so down just for that I’d drop $120 easily. @Karas Get ready bud; I’mma hold you too that master prestige pact we made when the news started trickling in on this one.

So Call of Halo confirmed?