Infinity Ward Art Director says ‘we’ll have to wait and see’ in regards to Battle Royale in Modern Warfare

Infinity Ward’s Art Director sat down for a 129 Rapid Fire Questions with GameInformer and answered many different items.

One of the questions was in regards to a potential Battle Royale mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

His response was “we’ll have to wait and see…” and says that he personally is a fan of Battle Royale genre overall. He worked a bit on Apex Legends at Respawn before coming back to Infinity Ward.

Activision and Infinity Ward have not confirmed any Battle Royale mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as of now. There have been many unconfirmed leaks about the possibility, but no direct information has been shared.

In an interview with IGN last week, Infinity Ward’s Design Director said that there are currently focused on core multiplayer for the game and did not say whether there would be a battle royale in it or not.

Stay tuned for the latest updates.

regardless of it having br or not, I’m just stoked about finally getting a new game engine and cross play, this way the game isn’t dead in 2 months on pc. So that means I’m coming for you @Lala_Calamari

1 Like

I’m going to use my GRG clout in the gaming industry to demand this gets done.

His response was “we’ll have to wait and see…”

Sounds like a yes to me.

I read this on the internet so it MUST BE TRUE!

https://gamingintel.com/call-of-duty/mw/modern-warfare-battle-royale-map-locations-leaked/

Modern Warfare Battle Royale Locations – Remade Multiplayer Maps

The map will reportedly feature fan-favorite locations from previous Call of Duty titles, in addition to an array of other aspects. It is similar to Blackout in this sense but is completely different in size. Although Blackout isn’t necessarily a small map, Modern Warfare’s Battle Royale map is supposedly 2.5 times bigger – featuring ‘mountains towering above you and large cities’.

There are around 35 locations, from portions of the Co-Op missions to an array of remade maps from past games in the franchise. It’s a map like we’ve never seen before, claims the YouTuber. Here’s the list of locations returning so far:

• Shipment
  • Scrapyard
  • Wetwork
  • Vacant
  • Rust
  • Broadcast
  • Gulag
  • Backlot
  • Boneyard
  • Terminal (This is not a direct remake. The airport section features some parts from Terminal instead.)

PLEASE NOTE: Not all of these locations are set to arrive on launch, some may be held back as post-launch content. Similar to Blackout, Modern Warfare Battle Royale will be updated regularly with new content and points of interest.

They will include a BR mode at launch if they finish it in time.
Unless BR entirely dies a death before then for some reason.

So they might delay the mode.
Or remove it altogether but pretend it never existed.

That’s my theory anyway.

Rumor: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode to come in early 2020, will be free to play

A new rumor floating around from some people is that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will in fact have a Battle Royale mode in the game, but with some exceptions.

The rumor, first reported by LongSensation, is that the Battle Royale mode in the game will be coming in early 2020 and will miss the October launch of the rest of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game.

The second part of the rumor is that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Battle Royale mode is free to play and will be a separate download for the game, but it will still be integrated overall into the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare universe.

Activision has reportedly been internally discussing the possibility of a free to play component for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, per Kotaku’s article from May. The company has been trying to understand how to tap into the new market of free to play, but overall, the direction still has been the standard $60 game.

In another tweet, LongSensation stated that the intro screen for the BR mode will showcase Infinity Ward, Raven Software, and Activision logos.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will launch on October 25 with the campaign, MP, and Spec-Ops mode. But beyond that, the Battle Royale mode has been up in the air in regards to what’s happening.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is being developed by multiple studios with Infinity Ward as lead. The game has High-Moon Studios, Beenox, and Raven all supporting the development of the game.

As always, this is just a rumor. Activision has not officially announced a Battle Royale mode for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Well, I hope the MTX and rewards tie into the full game, I’m sure they would.

Also, do you think Blackout will break off as a F2P game once MW drops?