Initial Cross Play Thoughts

We played a few rounds of CoD MW with cross play enabled and while it worked it was a bit rough. I was under the impression that XBox, PS4 and PC with Controller would be what we faced but that’s not the case. There is a toggle button for Crossplay, it’s enabled or disabled. I’m not seeing where it separates PC with Keyboard and mouse and PC with controller.

Most top scores are PC players using Keyboard and mouse. You’ll see the difference immediately. This is a shame as console can’t really compete. I hope this is a beta thing and they address this for the final release.

Also, in game voice was 100% ass. @HAWKLANDER and I were chatting using it. Normally he sounds like a demented redneck but game chat made him sound like a demented redneck in a tin can buried underground. Volume and quality of voice chat is so bad. They need to upgrade the voice bitrate to make it usable. Or hell, license that out in game voice chat to Discord. That would be an easy way for Discord to make some money.

1 Like

on the leader board does it say what platform they are on?

That’s unfortunate, I would recommend using discord for it but that makes it not usable for headsets

No, the lobby does though. So you just have to take note.

I was running last night and did quite well and thought it was going to be way more rough. I had some rough games but far more good games where I was at the top of the leader board. I wasnt on comms as I wasnt partied up but hopefully can party up with some of you this weekend

They said before, that there will be an option to choose controller or keyboard and mouse. And that they will be in different lobbies if you choose.