Interesting Video on Destiny

This is a pretty interesting video on Destiny that I figured you all would like.

@DestinyPlayers

Seems like a cross btwn… new story line but with the slight continuance. Tower gers destroyed by cabal…and the war begins btwn guardians and cabal. SAmerican enemies but different story? Idk maybe alot more mechanical bosses from cabal? Kinda like horizon type would be sweet… thought at least the gameplay in 1 was good and fun and the 6 player teams was awesome tho. Hope that’s not changed! And drop system stays as is!

Destiny Haters goan Hate. Yep, it was a huge fail: $825MM in sales preorder and first week. 3 years later still has huge numbers on Twitch. People have hundreds of hours in the game where other games maybe they got 60-80 hours tops. LOL - Fail? Riiiiiigggghtttt.

Pre-ordered D2 already.

4 Likes

I think the original game was a fail, but I think they learned from it. I preordered and played to 20 and quit. I just recently picked it back up and I am having a blast with it. It seems like every content release was better than the last. If that is any sign then I think the dev team took destiny 1 as far as they could and needed to start from scratch to make it the game they wanted. Really looking forward to part 2, preordered!

1 Like

I’m not a hater, just someone being honest. Destiny is a good game and is the direction people want games to go. It’s a MMO-Lite. And I don’t say that as a negative, actually a positive. People want more than a TDM shooter. They want character progression but don’t want the heavy involvement that a game like WoW requires.

The lack of story from a developer known for their stories IS a major problem. I honestly have no fucking clue what the hell is going on. Then the actual lack of content or the removal of promised content to fill up DLC really hurt the game. Finally, re-using existing content over and over again was just bad form. We all thought we’d get new planets and new enemies, neither of which happened. I don’t count the Taken as new, just reskinned existing enemies.

That said, I’ll absolutely buy Destiny 2 and the DLC that comes. I just felt that Destiny 1 was more of a proof of concept.

3 Likes

Understandable totally…jus glad they tried to fix most of problems… excited for D2

I agree with all of this, the original game frustrated the piss out of me. I think the biggest saving grace on Destiny 1 for me personally is The fact I didn’t stick around for the whole process. I just recently came back and I’m playing the entire game as one package and honestly it feels like what the game should have been from the start. Maybe they will get it right the second time around.

I wonder if the game engine is what truly limits what they can do with the game. It seems they took the engine from Halo and tried to build a MMO out of it. That the limitations of the engine are what dictates the size of the maps, zones and amount of enemies.

Because consoles are capable of running large zones. Look at games like GTA, the Division and Elder Scrolls Online. They are massive. Once in the maps, the Division and GTA have no loading screens. It would be awesome if Destiny could have planets that size and allow players to explore and quest in.

Again, I’m not killing on Destiny. It’s a great game, I just feel there could be so much more.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read that’s the direction it is going. No more going back and forth to the tower for quests and stuff, you will explore the planets and find people and places with different quests, more like a traditional mmo.

1 Like