Iron Banner Returns 10/16

The Iron Banner is returning October the 16th and there will be a few changes.

Iron Banner Changes

• The tempered buff is now automatically applied and continues to grow in effectiveness each day of the event.
  • The alt catch-up buff and Iron Medallion mechanics are unchanged.
  • Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from - - Lord Saladin during each event.
  • Drop rates have been increased and are intended to be the primary source of rewards from Iron Banner. If you don’t get what you’re hoping for, you have the option to visit Lord Saladin instead.
  • Gear purchased from Lord Saladin now requires Legendary Marks instead of Glimmer.
  • New emblems have been added to his inventory.
  • All new bounties including 9 Daily bounties (3 per day) and 3 new Weekly bounties which reward Legendary Marks.
  • Recommended minimum Light for Iron Banner: 230.
  • Only Level 40 Guardians can lead a Fireteam.

still doesn’t really say if its going on light or normal level…

Would be so interested to run this with you guys. Oh and Trials. I honestly think Trials of Osiris has the best armor so whoever wants to roll through that with me so I can get some cool Egyptian themed armor I’m down.

I expect Light Level.

Do find it slightly odd that although they both have recommended LL it is only ToO that has a LL requirement for fireteam leader…

Yeah I assume light level as well. Kinda curious to see if people will still use Y1 stuff and sacrifice a some points of light. Wonder how much of a difference it will make.

I think having one Y1 item doesn’t pull down the average Too much.
So maybe an armour piece or a weapon might be OK.

Depends how the curve bends and whether a single point of LL will have much bearing vs another guardian…

Isn’t y1 around 170 Light? That’s a huge difference with weapons at 290+.

1 Like

It is, but each weapon contributes ~11% of the weighted average on your LL.

So if your other two weapons are 290+ you might not see a huge drop.
Somewhat depends on the average LL in IB and how much difference each point makes.

For example, I’m 296 and swapping a 290 primary for a 160 TLW takes my LL down to 281

But is damage based on your total light level or just the weapons light level?

i guess we will just have to wait and see what the nerds say. too many if’s.

Bungie has said in the past “your damage output and armor is based on your total LL”. I would imagine the same would apply to Iron Banner. So not necessarily only your guns LL. However, if the perks on your guns are better than you might see a difference. I’ll still probably try running my MIDA