Lack of variety in Destiny

This is a good video that talks about the upcoming nerfs to Auto shotguns but I actually like his point about Power Fantasy more. He talks about Destiny’s issue with only having one weapon / weapon type as a viable option. He mainly focuses on how Auto Shotguns are basically mandatory.

Games like Destiny should allow the player to chose their play style. As many here know, I’m not a shotgun fan. I do not like being up close and personal with the enemies (PvE and especially PvP). In a looter / shooter game like Destiny why can I create my own meta and be on par with everyone else? I think this is one of the areas Bungie can’t figure out at all. Then to correct it they nerf the Meta to uselessness. Thus affecting someone else’s play style and ruining a weapon players may have grinding endless hours to get.

It also doesn’t help that most of the Crucible maps are designed to really limit viable weapons. Not every map should be a CoD clone, we can use some open spaced maps mixed in.

Anyway, I thought this video did a good job explaining one of the main issues with the game.

2 Likes