Making a Murderer Discussion

Me and the Mrs started binge watching this last night. Got to about episode 4.

All I can say is holy fuck. If I didn’t already know it’s a documentary I would think it was an episode of law and order or true crime with the amount of twists it has.

I highly recommend this show, it’s on Netflix. It’s about a man falsely convicted of a crime and sent to jail for 18 years and the events following after he is released.

Now needless to say that everyone Manitowoc (sp?) is somehow related to one another. It’s just crazy the lengths the sheriff’s dept has gone to fuck this guy over for life.

Is anyone else watching this and what are your thoughts?

Remember to use spoiler tags or feel Disney’s wrath as he puts you into the well.

1 Like

I a few episodes past 4 now. It’s interesting but I feel starting to drag. No idea what to expect now as they heavily slant each episode in one direction or the other.

I watched half of ep1. Yawn. Snooze. Will try and watch a few eps at least, but I’ve got a busy schedule of changing light bulbs, relacing my shoes, changing ac filters. Not sure if I’ll have time.

havent looked at this yet, although they wont shutup about it on the ‘local’ radio. Is it that good?

Every interesting show and try my best to think it’s a documentary it’s very one sided. But as you watch it you can’t help thinking things don’t add up.

Yea I’ve heard lots of talk about it. Not sure when I will get to it. I still need to watch Jinx

Not gonna… Too one side… Not all facts are being presented

Just finished the series. Meh at best.

I kept waiting on something to happen. Some actual evidence to make you doubt the conviction but there never was any other than that retard saying he didn’t do it. I feel bad for that poor kid that never had a life. Uncle got him involved in that and threw the kids life away. It’s a terrible story and sad to see how it affects everyone involved.

As for the show itself, meh. It was too long for no real action. Really, the last 3 episode had nothing other than appeals that got denied. No new evidence or tests on existing evidence. Nothing.

yeah well its a documentary. Real life is never that exciting. I do agree that it is pretty one-sided but they are not just showing how the Averys seemed to be targeted, but really how the justice system handled the case. Really it just shows the flaws and inconsistencies on how these cases were handled.

Cant really show all the facts when there is 100+ hours of testimony.

Wow. It never did sit right that the Sheriff Dept. was allowed to question a minor without his parents (or legal guardian).

Yeah that always seemed wrong. Seemed like his confession was coerced.

I took that more as “editing”. They wanted to show some controversy. If that’s how it really happened then it’s pretty much bullshit. Who knows. I just could never get past the point of them interviewing a minor without any parents involved. I’ll be damned if my 16 year old is alone chatting with the cops.

Apparently Police can question the child without parents but only if he has not been arrested. I can’t remember if this kid was only being questioned or if he was actually arrested.

The child has the right to leave or refuse to answer the Police. That’s a tall order for a kid scared to death.