Mayhem Mode, How to make it work for you

Once you complete the main story you will be given the chance to play in Mayhem 1 mode. This definitely makes it more difficult for you to play.

However, you can make the system work for you.

You can even play on Mayhem 3 if you so wish.

The way this is possible is every time you log in and are in one of the Mayhem modes, there are modifiers applied. Now some of these modifiers will make the game much harder for you on top of the standard modifiers that are always present for each Mayhem mode.

Go to your map in the menu and look at the right hand side of the screen. Sometimes this will not show up immediately, just RB/LB and back and it should show up.

This window on the top right of your map screen will tell you which Mayhem you are in, show you the standard modifiers that never change for that particular Mayhem mode, and below that will be 4-6 additional modifiers that change every time you go back to the main screen on Borderlands 3. This is important to remember when you are farming and are constantly going in and out of the game.

Now, why are these changing modifiers important and how can they effect your gameplay…

Let me give you some examples…

1. Weapon damage is an additional -50%

2. -70% for all elemental weapon damage

3. +70% for all non elemental damage.

4. SMG’s, Shotguns, and Pistols all are +30% more powerful

5. Auto rifles and Sniper Rifles all are -30% less powerful

Granted, these are just some of the examples of what you will see on the rotating modifiers. As you can tell, some can definitely benefit you during your game play and others will make it even more difficult. Check these modifiers and either adjust what weapons, elements, playstyle, or character build you will run. This is very important while farming, to ensure you are crushing that boss as fast as possible to get the good shit (legendarys).

If you do not like the modifiers, back out to the main screen and try again. These modifiers make a huge difference. While farming last night, we were able to kill the Grave dude in about 5 minutes due to the modifiers and ensureing we were using the correct element, etc. However it took us almost 20 minutes another time to beat him because one of the modifiers made all our weapon damage -50%. It was a pain in the butt.

Hopefully this will help those at the Mayhem stage of the game. If there are any questions, please let me know. also, Thanks to Gunny, Soulless, Zeik and a couple others who joined us last night for some good farming. Had a blast.

On a side note, I will usually give millions to help out other players get there BDU’s up if you happen to be in a party with me. Just saying :slight_smile:

Enjoy and make the Mayhem modifiers work for you!!

Guinness333

7 Likes

Nice post man this was a good idea, I’m not certain how many knew about the modifiers and how to look them up

Had fun last night farming with @Guinness333 @Gunny and @ezekielJP thanks for the help and the carries at some points

1 Like

Awesome info! Thanks dude! And appreciate last night!

Great info - much appreciated.