Minecraft Super Duper Graphics Pack Cancelled

Back at E3 2017, Microsoft announced that it was working on a graphical overhaul for Minecraft, titled the Super Duper Graphics Pack. Unfortunately, the Minecraft team today announced that the pack had been cancelled.

The main reason stated for the cancellation on the Minecraft website is that the graphics upgrade proved too technically demanding and didn’t perform well across several devices. In a statement, the Minecraft team said:

"Super Duper was an ambitious initiative that brought a new look to Minecraft but, unfortunately, the pack proved too technically demanding to implement as planned.

We realise this is disappointing to some of you – there was a lot of enthusiasm for Super Duper from inside and outside the studio – but unfortunately, we aren’t happy with how the pack performed across devices. For this reason, we’re stopping development on the pack"

However, the Mojang is “looking into other ways for you to experience Minecraft with a new look” and they will be sharing more on the subject very soon.

Son of a bitch that sucks but I’m not surprised

I thought the charm of Minecraft was the current graphics.

No no no, it’s the stuff to do not the graphics

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Gunny eat dick and go back to the borderlands page, damn haters lol

Lol… Least borderlands is a real game! I think @SoulessGrimmis hurt by the no graphic nuke! Sorry homey… For realz

1 Like

Lol it’s no big deal I’m excited for borderlands, minecraft is just a nice game to relax with

1 Like