Mini NES by Nintendo

Nintendo Announces The Mini-NES, Will Play 30 Classic Games - $60

2 Likes

Or my PC with emulators. This is for people who don’t want to dabble with a PC or setting up a RaspberryPi. It’s backed by Nintendo, so it should be a good product with support.

And there you have it…we’re now remastering entire consoles.

Back of a spoon…pffft…I had such quick wrist action I didn’t need foreign objects.

…quick wrist action from all that gaming I did…yeah…that’s it.

1 Like

Pussies, I built up my thumb callouses fair and square.

NES Advantage controller… Suckers

Why just 30 games. The entire library is like a couple of hundred MB big.

Maybe you can get other games via DLC or side load from USB. I don’t know if they added an ethernet port or wifi chip on this though.

Licenses?

You guys can shit on this but think it is a brilliant move by Nintendo :slight_smile: will definitely be picking one up for myself and a few for gifts.

No one is shitting on it. Most of us already have the roms and have played them on emulators.

Then I’m not sure what it is I was smelling. I’ve done Roms and emulators. Would much rather have this just for the nostalgia factor a lone. To each their own.

I must not be the norm. I tend to find with nostalgia it is cool for a short time and then you realize games have gotten much better and then I am done with the older game. Now I will say Mario might be the one where I would still enjoy.

My remaster comment was more tongue in cheek, @ChiliD44. I still enjoy the old games, and think this would be cool for those that don’t have the ability to work with emulators or those that just don’t want to.

That said, where the hell is Pro Wrestling?

1 Like

Another one it needed to have: Baseball Stars. If it came with that, I’d preorder.

I may have to put together a Raspberry Pi unit just to get Baseball Stars.

1 Like

They will not be adding any games in the future.

Q&A here

So, how long until someone opens it up to find a Raspberry Pi in there that can be hacked?

Hope Ben Heck does it.

2 Likes

I agree and will add in RBI. I think I liked that one more. Throw in blades of steel and you got me sold.