Modern Warfare Remastered to Receive Call of Duty 4's Variety Map Pack

Not one to pass up an opportunity for DLC, Activision has announced they will be bringing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s one and only map pack to Modern Warfare Remastered.

Known simply as “Variety Map Pack,” the DLC added four new maps that were playable in multiplayer: Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek and Killhouse. It retailed for US$9.99. This time around, the maps will be in all of their remastered glory and 10 rare supply drops will be included for players to open in-game. With that, it’s getting a price bump to US$14.99.

As is always the case this generation, Call of Duty DLC is a PlayStation first affair. The PS4 will be receiving the “Variety” maps on March 21st. Other platforms usually trail a month later, though there is no announced release date yet.

If you need a reminder of these four maps, Activision has released one remastered screenshot and a description for each:

Broadcast: Based on the TV station from the campaign mission “Charlie Don’t Surf”, this map provides a unique blend of confined corridors and wide-open spaces. Outside the station, the parking lot contains long sightlines, but once inside, cramped hallways and a computer-cluttered broadcast room provide ample close-range combat opportunities.
Modern Warfare Remastered Variety Map Pack

Chinatown: Set in a foggy downtown district, this nighttime map is lit up by flickering neon signs and a full moon. A re-imagining of the original Call of Duty multiplayer map “Carentan”, players will need to be careful on these streets, as almost every building in the map can be occupied, providing perfect cover for enemies waiting for a chance to line you up in their sights.

Creek: Set in a wide-open village ravaged by combat where concealment is the difference between life and death, a gaping ravine divides this map into two. Open clearings with sheer cliff faces and ample forested cover make this map ideal for snipers and long-range firefights.

Killhouse: A small training warehouse filled with various building mock ups that feature soft and hard cover points. Expect fast-paced and fierce firefights for maximum close-quarters chaos.
We’ll be sure to keep you posted when we hear of the release date for the Xbox One and Windows 10 platforms.

For those @CODPlayers, how does this play now? Is it dated? Is it still fun?

Why don’t they just sell this for 30 bucks and call it a day?

Somebody that used to be on the podcast was correct and said they never would sell it individually.

The Podcast’s validity is in question. Our main host said he wouldn’t buy a game until Ghost Recon came out. How many games did he buy? 3 or 4? I just can’t trust the ReaperCast.

1 Like

It will be eventually, it has to become stand alone at some point. One of these days I will be able to play games like this again.

Agreed and 15 bucks for DLC for a 20 dollar preorder bonus on remastered game. Yes ya just lost me ! :rage:

What DLC? Are they the same maps as the original? Hell, I bought all the DLC for MW1 first go around.