Infinity Ward is releasing a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on Wednesday, October 14.
Select group of PlayStation 4 players can now pre-load the update ahead of its release. All PS4 players will be able to pre-load it soon. The new update is version 1.28 and clocks in at around 9GB. The size may vary by region. Pre-loading is not available on Xbox One or PC for this update.
The update is set to release on Tuesday, October 13 at 11PM PT / Wednesday, October 14 at 2AM ET.
There is no information yet from Infinity Ward on what this new patch update is set to bring.
The next major event as part of Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone is The Haunting Event, which begins on October 20. The Haunting introduces a night time map for Warzone, alongside new Halloween themed modes for the game. More information on this event is set to come soon.
Season 6 of Modern Warfare & Warzone began on September 29 with a new Subway system in Warzone, alongside MP content.
I’ll update this post once patch notes are officially available for Update 1.28.
Does this have to do with the creepy little kid laughing you hear on the map?
@beers_and_leafs is this the Title Update with Private WarZone servers?
Infinity Ward is releasing a new patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on Tuesday, October 13 at 11PM PT.
The Patch Update is version 1.28 and is releasing on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. All PS4 players should already have the download of this update at 9GB. It’s installable starting at 11PM PT.
The big feature in this update is for PC players. This update will allow PC players to uninstall modes they don’t play. Players have requested this feature as the game’s size continues to expand.
The next major event as part of Season 6 for Modern Warfare and Warzone is The Haunting Event, which begins on Tuesday, October 20. The Haunting introduces a night time map for Warzone with more information on this event is to come soon.
New in this update, PC players can now select which content they’d like installed on their machines. Instructions on how to install specific content below! Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content , select Modify Install .
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. ( Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- Select Confirm .
- Select Start Install .
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract
SOURCE: Infinity Ward