Movie Recommendations

I thought I had a post for movie recommendations, I can’t seem to find it.

I just watched Kilo Two Bravo on Netflix. This is a pretty good war movie set in Afghanistan with British troops. It gets gruesome.

1 Like

Looks fantastic. Love modern war movies.

Go see Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice…

Too soon?..

Seriously tho, I saw the trailer for this a while back, and thought it looked ok. I will give it a go. if it sucks, I want my money back from @Lala_Calamari tho?!?!?!

How bout gift certificates from the Glory Hole

I have "71 and Kilo Two Bravo on my list.

Time to necro an old thread.

The Girl with All the Gifts

This is a great horror flick out on Amazon Prime now. Worth a watch. I went into it blind (didn’t see the trailers) so it was a bit of a shock.

Just watched this on Netflix and it’s a pretty solid horror movie. Not a cheesy hack and slash (not that there’s anything wrong with those) but more of a creepy thriller. They filmed it like an old Saturday afternoon horror movie. Even the soundtrack is dated and adds to the style.

Anyway, if you’re looking for something to watch on Netflix give this a watch.

I figured I’d necro this thread as we are all bored at home and have burnt through our Netflix and Prime shows. What’s everyone watching? Any off beat, hidden gems?

I just watched Circle on Netflix. It’s about people waking up in a room and every 2 minutes they have to decide who is going to die. Wasn’t too bad especially since it takes place all in 1 room.

1 Like

i just went through Code 8. Its was ok for a time waster. Sort of a not so unique take on society dealing with people with “abilities” .

1 Like

I finally caught 1917, and thought it was an amazing movie. The cinematography alone was stunning with as many one shots as they did. I understand why they won awards.

As for other things I’ve watched/binged… caught the first season of You on Netflix. Was good. Need to get back into it.

Tried hunters on amazon and season 2 of altered carbon on Netflix, but maybe I wasn’t in the mood for it so I hadn’t gotten more than one episode in.

Caught up on clone wars final season on Dis+

Watched most of the Chef show and ugly delicious on Netflix which are two good culinary shows and are fun to watch. Dad and I did double fried chicken after watching ugly one evening.

Watched the final Ip Man (4) for a king fu fix. Wanted to see this in the theaters in China but was waiting for engrish subs. I enjoyed it, but Donnie Yen is my fav modern kung fu artist, so I liked all the others. It was a good end to the series even tho was a little slighted biased towards the Chinese and against the Americans.

Finally, one of my favorite shows is coming back to amazon Friday April 17. Bosch is a modern detective noir which I dig and has some pretty good acting. Look forward to this next season.

1 Like

Son in Law and I watched Birds of Prey… Entertaining but kinda stupid. It was DCs attempt at a Deadpool movie.

1 Like

Watching Ozark on Netflix, Homeland final season on Showtime. I didn’t like the last two seasons but this one is great. Westworld on HBO is pretty good.

Totally agree with BigFish, 1917 is a really good film.
I also like Jo Jo Rabbit, another really good recent film.

Older films, man I have a ton I would suggest, but some of my go to films are Office Space, Star Wars (all of them), Big Lebowski, Blade, Airplane 1 & 2, Naked Guns (all of them) Blazing Saddles, SpaceBalls, Psycho, Birds, Rear Window, Aliens (all of them… except the 2 more recent films) Terminators movies, Bourne movies, Oceans 11-13, Dazed and Confused, Fast Times.
I could go on, but those are ones I find myself watching regularly.