1 / 1
JummivanaSenior Community Manager [Z-7]
Screenshot by A___LIVAS (Twitter)
Thank you to everyone who submitted or upvoted a question in the forums for our upcoming Dev Q&A! We are taking a look now and are looking forward to chatting with you next week, April 27th at 10:30am PT (1730Z) on Twitch.
As we near the end of our Sim Update 9 Public Beta, we will provide an update at the end of the week on how to transition smoothly between your Beta build and the public SU9 build next week for each platform. We hope you enjoy Sim Update 9 next Tuesday, as well as the release of our next Famous Flyers, the Gee Bee R2 and the Model Z.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
- Here is a glance at the team’s current work, and a list of features that will be made available on the upcoming update.Sim Update 10
- Terrain & Weather APIs
- Aircraft Editor V2
- Game rendered in a window in the DevMode
- The flighting for Sim Update 9 is almost over. Your feedback on DevSupport allowed us to investigate & fix several critical issues. Thanks for all your time and your great engagement!!
- We fixed potential issues in the Replay tool.
- We’re polishing the “Game rendered in a Window” feature and it will be available in the next Sim Update.
- Visual Effects Editor:
- We fixed the double scroll-down bar in SimVar unit dropdown menu.
- We fixed the multiplayer contrails that were no longer visible on Sim Update 9.
- Aircraft Editor:
- We have removed the Debug windows from the Aircraft Editor, allowing you to access them without opening an aircraft project first. You will soon be able to find them under “Options > Debug drawing > Aircraft”.
- We are still polishing the new Aircraft Editor. A first version will be made available ASAP!
- We are polishing the Weather & Terrain APIs and creating samples to help you understand the usage.
- We fixed FacilityGetAirportList.
Third Party Update
- As of 04/17, we have now approved 246 (+0) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 143 (+0) have released 1,045 products on PC (+15) and 756 on Xbox (+20).
- In total, 2,057 products (+20) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 553 products (+27) from 3rd party developers are in production (292 announced, 261 unannounced). In total, over 2,610 3rd party products (+47) have either been released or are in development.
- 1,470 airports (+14) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 1,237 airports (+6) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 699 airports (+3) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 119 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 114 airports (+8) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
- 358 aircraft (+6) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 123 aircraft (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 82 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim PC marketplace.
- 55 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim Xbox marketplace.
- 157 aircraft (-3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 78 aircraft (+5) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
- 697 sceneries (+23) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 617 sceneries (+9) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 153 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (+0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
- 64 sceneries (+14) are not announced, but the dev let us know that scenery is in production.
- Mission Packs:
- 85 mission packs (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 80 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 17 mission packs (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (-1) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- 5 mission packs (+4) are not announced, but the dev let us know that they are in production.
Click here for a web-friendly version.
There are 49 new and 16 updated products in the Marketplace today. Marketplace updates generally go live on Thursdays between the release of this blog post and 5pm PT.
We stream weekly on Twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial ! Tomorrow, April 22nd, is Earth Day! In recognition of this day, we have invited a special VIP guest to join us on our Community Fly-In Friday livestream. Gregory Davis is a commercial pilot, aerospace engineer, and President & Interim CEO of Eviation, makers of an upcoming all-electric commuter plane known as Alice. Greg will be here to answer questions from the community and share his expertise about the future of environmentally-sustainable aviation. All are welcome to join! Click here for the flight plan and details.
If you would like to learn more about Greg, we published a Community Spotlight article about him earlier this week that you can read here: Community Spotlight: Gregory Davis
The upcoming Boeing 737 from PMDG is one of the most-anticipated addons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it’s launching very soon! PMDG has granted pre-release versions of this plane to several content creators to showcase to the community. YouTuber British Avgeek recently posted a short demo video of the PMDG 737. Check it out here!
This past week our Screenshot Challenge was “Alpenglow ”. Here are our runner ups this week:
Screenshot by AlphaSierra5534 (Forum)
Screenshot by CuzDawg3 (Forum)
Screenshot by Filippo20032222 (Forum)
Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127 (Forum)
Screenshot by isaiahnparadise (Twitter)
Screenshot by Matt_Photomode (Twitter)
Screenshot by MihamaBlend (Twitter)
Screenshot by shizhe85511526 (Twitter)
Screenshot by tsujiKa_air (Twitter)
Screenshot by zkdos (Forum)
NEXT DEVELOPMENT BLOG UPDATE – April 28th, 2022
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
A post was merged into an existing topic: MS Flight Sim 2020 Mega Thread