My Review of Just Cause 3

Game is good. I haven’t had too many issues. I fell through the ground once after i crashed a helicoptor, but i just used the grapple to get back up. inthe real world. Also, i had a frame rate issue, BUT i was using an apache shooting two different types of missiles one after another at a base full of explosive fuel storage units of varying sizes… any game would have chugged with all the particle effects and destruction going on.

The game looks pretty good. It looks fantastic when you look off into the distance, or jump out of a helicopter from thousands of feet up. Havent had any pop in or draw distance issues.

I Flew for about 10 minutes to this giant island on the map with no markers… Thought i would have been shot down by discovering a huge base… nope…

It was a volcano, a Full size volcano…

So i decided to jump…

The Story is quite entertaining with a great sense of humor, especially from the childhood best friend. I cought myself laughing a few times, even had to pause it for a minute as a character talked about a cousin with the same name AND nickname as my girlfriend.
You come back to what seems to be your home to find that the Dictator is oppressing the people. typical propaganda with loudspeakers, and billboards all around the local towns. You can free the towns by destroying these along with other small objectives. This rewards you with local garages that you can bring vehicles to which gives you the ability to call for them in air drops. This also brings about a reduction in enemies to the are and brings about friendly rebel troops.

The Military bases are similar to the towns, except you just destroy them. storage tanks, high ranking troops, SAM sites. Once it’s all gone, your troops move in and now you have a spot where you can find military vehicles if you need one.

There are lots of activities spread about the huge map. I’ve completed one of three provinces, but the 3rd is prolly the size of the first two put together. There are vehicle races, long jumps, sky diving courses, gun courses, along with an activity involving driving a vehicle into a group of enemies within a time limit and blowing them all up.

All these activities reward you with Mod Gears. Each activity can reward up to 5, these are used to unlock new abilities. Turning your C4 into something of a thruster, or proximity bomb. Changing the Grenades from standard to exploding on impact, or in proximity to enemies.

I played the game tonight for about 4 hours just doing these activies, clearing villages, destroying bases, and collecting items. Not a single Story mission was finished.

One of the Story missions towards the beginning. This game is NUTS

There’s plenty of different weapons, you hold:
Dule Pistols or SMGs
a Rifle or Shotgun
Rocket or Grenade Launcher
Remote Explosives

There’s a good variety, I usually stick with an Assault rifle and Rocket launcher. I had a launcher that could lock up to 6 targets, the missile would then go into the air and split into multiple missiles and track down the targets.
I recently swapped it for a laser designator that calls in AirStrikes… Fun times.

Biggest downside is the handling of the vehicles. The cars are kinda sloppy, but it doesn’t matter. With the parachute/grappling combo, you can get anywhere quickly.

All in all I recommend this game. I can play at my own pace, their are plenty of different activities aside from the main story. It’s a nice way to relax.

4 Likes

Very tempted to pick this up today. Like you said, a change of pace in the SP world from the deep, trudging-at-times Fallout. With holidays coming…lots of game time to be had…

I am probably getting it today for PC.

I have this on PC, and it’s a lot of fun. Haven’t had the graphic issues on that platform that some are reporting on consoles. Agreed on the vehicles - handling is awful. However, the grappling mechanic with the parachutes and also the wingsuit once you get the hang of it makes vehicles useless except in certain side quests.

@anon42851937 have you messed with the thruster mines yet? Love sticking them to civilian cars.

I haven’t, but I haven’t done any challenges yet, so I don’t have the gears to make them.

You should. It’s pretty easy and the first few are very important.
Aim down sights
Hold more grenades
Faster zip line.
Nitrous on cars.

These all unlock at like 3 gears. Which is very easy to get. Highly suggest to do those.

I’ll hit those up this week.

Damn. …I guess I’ll be getting this with the best buy deal. Nice review.

Have this loaded and ready, just can’t get off the fo4. It’s gonna be fun.
Very nice @audible_silence