New Xbox Wireless Controllers and Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 Revealed

The Xbox Design Lab website gives a fantastic range of options for customising your Xbox Wireless controller to your heart’s content. Whether you want to mix and match colours, or use a design inspired by the likes of Final Fantasy, Minecraft, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, or Forza Motorsport 7, or even purchase a controller from the Recon Tech Special Edition series, there’s a decent amount from which to choose. Microsoft has announced another new design for Xbox Wireless Controllers with three new editions, as well as a new and smaller Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10.

Each of the new controllers will connect with any Xbox One or Xbox One X once it comes out. PC gamers will be able to enjoy the benefits of a new Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 that is half the size of the previous one and therefore takes less space around your USB ports. If this sounds like the kind of adaptor for you, you can purchase one on its own or in a bundle with a black Xbox Wireless Controller.

Xbox Wireless Controller – Green/Grey

The Xbox Wireless Controller – Green/Grey features a sleek, two-tone grey design with eye-catching green accents at the base of the thumbsticks.

The Green/Grey Edition is available to pre-order right now for US$64.99 and shipping will start on August 3rd.

Xbox Wireless Controller – Volcano Shadow Special Edition

The Xbox Wireless Controller – Volcano Shadow Special Edition is the newest of the Shadow series we introduced last year. This controller features a matte black top case and sides that fade to a fiery red metallic finish. The buttons, triggers and D-pad have a glossy black finish with red highlights on the ABXY and menu buttons.

The Volcano Shadow Special Edition is available to pre-order for US$69.99, also on August 3rd.

Xbox Wireless Controller – Patrol Tech Special Edition

The Xbox Wireless Controller – Patrol Tech Special Edition is the second controller in our Tech series and is inspired by military technology and performance patterns found in airborne navy patrol units. Premium finishes like a laser etched texture, silver accents and insignia are on the front of the controller. The back of the controller features our fan-favorite rubberized diamond grip for added control and comfort.

The Patrol Tech Special Edition can be pre-ordered right here for US$69.99 and will begin shipping on September 5th. Grab the bundle with the Cable for Windows for US$69.99 on October 17th.

Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10

The new and improved Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10 enhances your controller connection when gaming on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. It’s 66 percent smaller than the original Xbox Wireless Adaptor for a smaller form factor and to fit better next to other USB devices you may have plugged in nearby. The Adaptor offers wireless stereo sound support and the ability to connect up to eight controllers at once.

Treat yourself to the adaptor for US$24.99 starting in August for select markets. Buyers will also have the choice to grab the adaptor bundle with the Xbox Wireless Controller for US$79.99.

I like the volcano and patrol tech ones.

They need to come out with the Saucer D-pad and trigger stops for EVERY Controller. I can’t do without those now and won’t be able to part with my elite. I don’t use the paddles (I should but “old dog, new tricks” thing prevents me).

They need to do special edition Elite controllers. I will probably never buy a regular controller again. The one that came with the S is still in its foam packaging.

I have the old school wireless adapter and it works great. Much better than the xbox one does with the controller. Loose connection all the time on xbox never on PC.

How much do you want for the new S controller