Overwatch Beta thoughts

Beta extended by a day.

Only have about an hour in on the beta but I like it so far. I like the slower paced action. There are characters that give you better speed attributes.

Nice, I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll play it much now. I know Iā€™ll buy it now so may wait until release. But if I see GRG members playing I may jump in.

I donā€™t want to play the BETA much at all really. I know I like it. Iā€™d rather wait for release to really put any time into it.

It is a good refresh of Team Fortress in my opinion. Could use a bit more depth like Team Fortress did but overall, pretty decent game that will hopefully see some very cool competitions in the future.

It is one of the games that I would like to watch on twitch from a spectators point of view with announcers and what not.

Does anyone know if there will a regular edition available at launch? During the beta the game was going for $49.99 and then $59.99 for Xbox One. Now itā€™s selling for $79.99 (Canadian) for the Origins Edition and, as much fun as the beta was, I donā€™t see the value for the amount of content there seems to be available. The Origins and Collectors editions are the only ones I can seem to find.

The Microsoft Store has it for $59.99 US. That is the regular edition.

XBox or PC?

If you pre-order on Amazon Prime you get 20% off.

Xbox. Iā€™ll have a look on Amazon. Thanks.

I think the origins edition is just the day one editionā€¦ isnā€™t $79 standard for a game in canada?

Thats what @LanceHung said before

$69 is pretty standard.

This article is from Novā€¦ http://kotaku.com/overwatch-base-price-will-be-40-60-on-consoles-1741052019

I dunno if maybe price changed in Canada but itā€™s been in US standard PC version is $40 and Console versions (or origins versions) are $60. It is assumed to be due to XB and PS getting their cuts from the profits.

The price went up significantly near the end of the beta. It was listed as $49 Canadian. The usual price for a new game is $79, but thatā€™s generally for larger releases. Iā€™m just not seeing the value for the amount of content available at the moment. The beta was a blast, but there arenā€™t enough game modes and maps to make me want to spend the $79 for it unfortunately. Iā€™ll see what it looks like just after it drops in a few days. There may be another option available.

1 Like

I agreeā€¦ Ito very polished but I donā€™t see it as a full priced game. $40 sounds right to me. If a bunch of people were getting it, I would probably pick it up with my best buy points for free, but I have plenty to play as it is.

People want to keep talking from what we know from just playing a Beta that itā€™s low content and I get it.

I look at it as though am I going to get $60 worth of fun out of it? Will I put enough hours into it to pay for the $60? From what I played I think I will be playing this at least until the fall, with other games as well.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better myself sir. Cheers!

The devs said what was played during the console beta is pretty much the whole launch so unlike with other games this isnt a rush to judgement. Waiting a bit will not only allow the price to drop but DLC is free so it will include more than what we have played. I really liked the game to bad it was not as heavy a hitter on the PS side.

1 Like