PC Gaming...is it your primary or secondary?

I have noticed myself being on the PC side of the house more and more as of late. The XB1 sits in a corner collecting some dust. However I did realize my drop from PC gaming resulted in 2 different aspects…1) Activity. I do alot of co-op/multi-play gaming…groups that i gamed with before GRG would fall out after a few months; 2) Hardware requirements. Sometimes its hard to justify the upgrade cost just to play a few new games. Any how hardware limitations are the end all to PC gaming.

But to answer my own question…For the past month I definitely have spent more time on PC the Xbox. Back and forth through steam games, humble bundles, and Black Desert Online.

I vary, I tend to play a greater variety on PC, typically free titles or trials.

Whereas my PS4 is mostly just seeing Rocket League and Netflix these days.

1 Like

PC right now and it is because of the games. I have had more fun in buggy Early Access survival games than I do playing the current stale shooters on the consoles.

If I listed all the reasons I play more on the PC side it would be a long one. I agree hardware can be expensive but if you are smart about how you purchase your games you can make up some of that expense compared to a console. New releases always go on sale quicker on PC.

I am hoping to see more survival shooters on the consoles in the future. I plan to get State of Decay 2 on console. PUBG in 2018 probably. Xbox won’t have a chance when Breaking Point comes out I may put more hours in it than I have ARK in total.

2 Likes

Well, i have certainly been on the pc almost exclusively for a while now. Its been all Ark with a couple PUBG games mixed in. It has been mostly because ark is a game I can walk away from quickly, had a new baby in the house. Of course, right as I was gonna be getting back in on some BF1 action, my wife spilled some water on the xbox. Going PC for now while i watch for a better deal on a new xbox.
A big factor is of course the games, not much I have wanted to play on console except BF1. We will see what the fall games are gonna be like. I’ve always liked Far Cry and I plan to get State of Decay 2.

1 Like

It depends on what’s out for games. Right now and for the past 2+ months I have been 90% on PC. There has not been much on the Xbox side to get me to play; at little BF1 here and there pretty much. Other than that it’s been all about PUBG!!! Not that I don’t have games on Xbox one that could and sometimes think about playing. I have Wildlands which I feel I barely played. Forza which I just got in March, Friday the 13th - haven’t played much of that since launch because of he early server issues and I just haven’t gone back to try it again. Overwatch is another game I really enjoyed and always tell myself I need to try again.

I use the gaming rig laptop I bought last year 95% of the time now. I haven’t found a viable solution to gaming with my Xbox when I am in my apartment on campus here and there, but there really haven’t been any games out there that make me wish I was on my Xbox instead. The only thing I really miss with it is gaming with the community.

That’s an odd statement since we have quite a few PC Gamers now.

Yes but on community night they all tend to be on Xbox.

I don’t know about that. Besides, maybe a Staff Member could set up a PC GRG Community Night Event.

1 Like