PlayStation - Whats happening this Month - August 2017

Attempting to cover all things Playstation for the month. \o/

August 3, 2017
Looking over July’s Top Downloads, it seems that games of old and new are both common in the list. Below we look at just the Top 3 in each category.

• PS4 Games

1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - GOTY
    3. God of War III Remastered
  • PS3 Games

1. The Last of Us
    2. God of War: Ascension
    3. God of War Collection
  • PS4 Add-ons

1. Call of Duty BO III: Zombies
    2. Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer
    3. Call of Duty: IW - DLC3 Absolution

Check out the other 3 listings and the complete list of games here on Playstation.

August 7, 2017
Guerrilla Game’s Community Manager Jeroen Roding announces the long awaited release date for Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds. Playstation gamers can now mark a date on the calendar, November 7, 2017.

Beyond the northern mountains, the borderlands of the Banuk tribe challenge all who dare enter to survive the extremes. But now this frozen wilderness harbors a new threat, and for Aloy, a new mystery – one she’s determined to solve.

The Frozen Wilds contains additional content for Horizon Zero Dawn, including new storylines, characters and experiences in a beautiful but unforgiving new area.

〈 Uncover a compelling new story.
〈 Explore a brand new area
〈 Face new machines.
〈 To use this download, you need Horizon Zero Dawn.
〈 Enhanced for PS4™ Pro with dynamic 4K gaming, improved graphics and environments, and High Dynamic Range visuals.

August 8, 2017
The Release of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice scores high with critics.

• The story is based on Celtic mythology and Norse mythology. The game is focused on Senua’s (Melina Juergens) point of view, as she embarks on a very personal journey through a hellish underworld made up of Senua’s psychotic manifestations of her reality and mind

August 9, 2017
Obduction launches on PS4 August 29th. What is Obduction, well its a game from the team that made Myst.

• Obduction is an adventure video game developed by Cyan Worlds. Obduction is considered a spiritual successor to Cyan’s previous adventure games, Myst and Riven.
  • In the game, the player finds their character transported to strange alien worlds but with human elements within the settings. The player must explore and solve puzzles to figure out how to return home.

August 10 - 13, 2017
Free Game Access - Yes, it’s true. From August 10-13 you’ll be able to download and play For Honor for free on PS4. Free!

• This is the full game, mind you — the whole kit and caboodle. It’s all of the intense multiplayer action across five modes, as well as the entire campaign (playable solo or in online co-op) that immerses you in the age-old war among the Knights, the Vikings, and the Samurai. Every map and every hero will be available as you take up arms and test your skills in the innovative melee combat system.

• And you can get a head start by pre-loading the game beginning on August 7 at 9:00 PM Pacific.

Read more here on Playstation.

August 22, 2017
Naughty Dog is at it again and releasing its next game in the Nathan Drake series, Uncharted. However, there is a twist…Nathan Drake is no where to be found. Now I have played through the first 3 games, and personally I love them. We essentially got a male counter-part to Tomb Raider’s Lara Croft, with action, puzzles, exploration, and all things adventure.

Check out the 14 minute video of Gameplay provided by Scott Lowe, Senior Communications Manager from Naughty Dog to Playstation. Dont wait, now’s you chance to get a glimpse of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

OTHER NEWS

Playstation Plus Games - August 2017

PS NOW

• Free/Introduction Offer

• If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.
    • Note that in order to take advantage of the $9.99 intro offer, you will need to purchase that directly, as the 7-day trial will transition into the standard monthly subscription.
  • Discontinuation of Services for Secondary Devices

• As was originally announced in February, support for PS Now will discontinue on August 15, 2017 for all secondary devices besides the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.
    • This includes PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation TV, all Sony Blu-ray players, and all Sony Bravia and Samsung TVs.
    • All user save data is stored in the PS Now cloud, so you can continue your game progress on any PS4 and PC at any time with your PSN account and PS Now subscription.

Alright @PlayStationPlayers I am closing it out here. Sorry to hear about the service discontinuation. But let me know what ya like and what ya dont…what do you wanna see next time around. Till next time, GhstWlkrs out \o/

1 Like

Lol well i am glad the monthly round up reminded you.

This is awesome.
I definitely feel shown up here (!).

Hadn’t heard that For Honor was going F2P.
Looks like they finally accepted it and threw in the towel…

Not worried about the PS Now changes, never even tried it out tbh.

For honor is f2p just this weekend. I will edit that part later this afternoon.

My mistake - I misread it and it was so unsurprising I just believed it.

Downloaded Just Cause 3 till Uncharted comes Out waiting on that one

1 Like

I think you’ve answered your own question there.

1 Like

A picture is always worth a thousand words… I will just let this speak for itself :sunglasses:

http://images.purexbox.com/screenshots/64376/large.jpg

http://www.desicomments.com/wallpapers/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Just-Cause-3-Gameplay.jpg

2 Likes