PvP Changes to ESO - Now and for Summerset

https://i.imgur.com/JmDRkiG.jpg

Lots of changes happening now and when Summerset comes out to Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds. This is what I’m getting my Dragon Knight ready for.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26367

New Dailies

“With the new daily quests, our goal was to give players a new activity that supports what they’re already doing in Cyrodiil," says The Elder Scrolls Online’s Lead PvP Designer, Brian Wheeler. “We designed them so that even if you have control of the Emperor ring and all of the Elder Scrolls, so long as there are at least three keeps up for grabs, you can do something."

These new bags contain sacks of crafting materials (including Jewelry Crafting materials if you have ESO: Summerset), and rare Treasure Maps for the DLC or Chapter zones. Also, once per day, the rucksacks are guaranteed to contain a “Gladiator’s Proof." Once you have collected 20 of these new items, you can purchase a Gladiator’s Recognition from the War Researcher vendor and use it to combine your proofs into a tradeable runebox that contains the fearsome Arena Gladiator helmet costume piece!

“With these new daily rewards, we’re giving AvA players something unobtainable anywhere else in the game that has to be sourced from the Alliance War," explains Wheeler. “Not only does it give them a unique look, but also something valuable and rare they can sell."

Some of the new dailies:

• Capture three keeps
  • Capture nine resources (mines, farms, or lumbermills)
  • Kill 40 enemy players
  • Capture the three towns

No Waiting for the “Tick”

They changed the way you earn Alliance Points in Update 18 (out now). You no longer have to wait for the “tick” to earn your AP. If you participate in capping / defending a keep or resource you are added to a “Reward Credit List” and you’ll automatically get the AP even if you leave the area.

They also changed the way defensive AP is earned. You have to actually participate in defending (attacking, healing, etc) to earn the AP. Just standing there will not earn you a reward.

Catapults get a Buff

I don’t think I have ever used a catapult in Cyrodiil. They have been buffed with Update 18.

“This change makes catapults the tool for area denial that we’ve always wanted them to be," explains Wheeler. “This alters how people siege, because if you see a line of trebuchets, you can place catapults and deny them the use of their own siege weapons."

https://i.imgur.com/7l6z7i0.jpg

Performance Improvements

Blah, blah, blah. These are very much needed. Every dev promises improvements, I’ll believe it when I see it. Cyrodiil can be a mess at times.

With Update 18, we’ve made a host of performance improvements on both the server and client side. These improvements include refactoring the implementation of a number of ability passive effects so they are less taxing on the server.

“These improvements will have an impact on performance," says Wheeler. “But it should specifically help out issues related to latency regarding button presses that some players have experienced."

Update 18 also increases the amount of CPU cores used by the game client, meaning high-end PCs will enjoy a boost to framerate, and consoles will enjoy improvements to character load times and fewer framerate spikes overall. We’ll be monitoring the impact of these changes in Cyrodiil and continue to investigate additional improvements.

Battlegrounds

They have added Battlegrounds to the base game with Update 18. Morrowind is no longer required. Battlegrounds is the small team PvP 4v4v4.

In addition to opening it up to all, when you queue for a random Battleground match and place first or second, you will receive a Battlemaster Rivyn’s Reward Box. These new reward boxes will always contain Soul Gems, a Transmutation geode, a PvP area style item, and a Battlegrounds set weapon. However, they also have a rare chance to include bind-on-pickup Outfit Style Pages for the brand-new Fang Lair Victor and Horned Dragon styles, too. These new styles can only be obtained from the Battlegrounds!

1 Like