ReaperCast 65 - Game of Thrones Season Finale Review

Grim Reaper Gamers hosts a Bi-Weekly Podcast where we talk about Community News, Video Games, Beer and whatever else we feel like blabbing on about.  This episode we discuss the season finale of Game of Thrones.

Subscribe to the podcast:
iTunes | Spotify | Android | Google Play | RSS | TuneIn | More

Subscribe on Android Subscribe on iTunes

Lala Rant

• Lurkers – Why do people join a social gaming site and not participate?

Gaming News 

• CoD WW2 Beta
  • NBA 2K18 cover issue
  • Kyrie Irving in Cavs uniform – traded to Celts or not?
  • GTA Smuggler’s Run
  • ESO Horns of the Reach coming to consoles
  • Destiny PC beta goes Live

Main Topic

• Discussion of season seven finale of Game of Thrones

Community Info

Originally published at: https://grimreapergamers.com/2017/08/reapercast-65-game-of-thrones-season-finale-review/
1 Like
1 Like

Longer pause than usual between JH intro and the chat, not bad, just unexpected.

I love how, even though he does it every time, whenever JH asks Jammer how he is, Jammer always responds with “Hey John, how are you?” and it always seems to unsettle JH.

Yes, as JH said, the PSN firmware 5.0 beta access codes were region-locked, each person received 3 codes to try out the update (so 2 spare).

Comment to Jammer, re his point about Arya pretending to be Sansa - she can only do that if she has Sansa’s face…

Daario (lover of Daenrys) was a member of the Second Sons, not the Golden Company.

3 Likes

It may not come across but it was more of the point that you never truly know if it is Arya at any point since they could not show her killing someone.

2 Likes

Fair point - I just figure Sansa is safe from Arya.
Especially now we are in cuddly Hollywood mode.

One major complaint @anon42851937, there was no warning there were spoilers for GoT, ruined entire episode.

Arya is really a dude, him and Sansa will do the horizontal mombo, then Arya will be man of Winterfell since Bran is an invalid.

1 Like

To answer the question on what is Theon packing? He has been castrated meaning that the testicles are gone as well as the shaft. Apparently Theon had a large package and was very proud of it so Ramsay emasculated him by taking the thing that was the most precious to Theon. But I agree this story line is dead in the water, and I get annoyed anytime he is on screen. The only thing interesting about the Grey joys is their fleet and that is over in Essos now.

2 Likes

They’ve been reduced to FedEx.

1 Like

What can Grey do for you?

1 Like

@anon42851937 mention xbox one Cod beta starts Sept 1, is that confirmed?

Call of Duty: WWII’s second beta weekend kicks off on Friday, and we now know the exact start and end times. In a blog post, developer Sledgehammer Games stated the trial will begin on September 1 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST (3 AM AET on September 2 in Australia). It will then end on Monday, September 4 at the same time.

1 Like

Lurkers Rant OMG. Thanks for letting us be quiet while participating LOL. Right now its the time of year and there are no games to play… BORED when not vacationing, summering and just plain not even home.

Wait till the new games come out. I also think more gamers are moving to the looking for a group mode. Now Im going to start a new rant :roll_eyes: I am not sure the new games that have been pushed out are all that amenable to playing as a group, and that adds to Lurkers feeling welcome, or not.

It seems every one wants a certain k/d, or to get there dam care packages, crates loot etc so they do not give a frick about playing as a team and the games do not foster it in anyway. I get it you need the care packages to get that special gun to stay competitive but dam. COD domination perfect example no one plays TFO. Then again I didn’t play Division because I did not want to be an ass and steal others peoples loot WTF. F the Zone. Maybe I’m just officially old now.

Its what I like about Battlefield I can play a medic have a few kills and contribute more than I could if I sat back and check my kill counter. I try not to die repeatedly but I value picking up a teammate over standing by letting some one kill a teammate to get the kill for myself.

I think as COD has changed so have other games somewhat in how they are played.

The short version : I think the games being developed today do not lend themselves to pulling in lurkers to a community if they are not a certain light level, k/d etc. How many are there that let you pull in more than a few members at a time. I love Battlefield but even there we can’t keep a group together.

4 Likes

I think we did a bad job of explaining it. We were really directing it towards people that sign up to a site like GRG and that’s it. Never posting, never gaming. Or join our Discord server and never say a word. I can’t tell you how many accounts I removed (from people unsubbing) from our site that don’t even have forum accounts (GRG creates 2 accounts per users. one for the main page and one for the forums as they’re actually 2 different sites and software).

I get that people can be quiet or take time away from gaming. That’s why we never remove people even if they go MIA. A lot of times they come back when they find a new game they’re into. I also understand that not everyone is vocal. They just want to group up with like minded adults and get a few games in. They may never even talk in game. That’s fine as well.

I blame @anon3687162 for not explaining it properly.

2 Likes

I think people worry about this a little too much. I know there are some activities in Destiny that are restrictive based on Light Level. The nice thing about a community like GRG is there are a ton willing to help people get to the proper level, or run strikes, or whatever. Everyone is running alts or grinding patrols or whatever. People here are willing to help out or just hang out with others. That’s when the lurkers need to make a simple post asking for help or LFG an event.

Most people learned how to be nice from me.

Yes please blame me for the segment titled Lala Rant.

1 Like

Well, I’m sure as hell won’t accept the blame.

Will you accept the blame for your own poor grammar?

I have broken far better grammar nazis than you! Just ask @Claude505.

1 Like

That’s a classic dead end.
Claude never visits the forums.

1 Like