ReaperCast 66 - Destiny 2 Review

Grim Reaper Gamers hosts a Bi-Weekly Podcast where we talk about Community News, Video Games, Beer and whatever else we feel like blabbing on about.  This episode we discuss our thoughts on Destiny 2.

Subscribe to the podcast:
iTunes | Spotify | Android | Google Play | RSS | TuneIn | More

Subscribe on Android Subscribe on iTunes

Lala Rant

• Lala Calamari’s hatred for Fanboys

Gaming News

• Nintendo says SNES Classic supply will be dramatically increased
  • Will continue to ship units in 2018 as well
  • NES Classic returning in 2018
  • Forza 7 demo out Sept 19th
  • Star Wars Battlefront Beta Details Leaked
  • Destiny 2 Raid released

Main Topic

• Destiny 2 Review
    • Story Mode
    • Strikes
    • Crucible
    • Weapon Changes

Community Info

Originally published at: https://grimreapergamers.com/2017/09/reapercast-66-destiny-2-review/
1 Like

I am shocked…no hate thrown our way?

1 Like

Eh - I’m used to people moaning about shit they don’t like.
Washes over me now.
I don’t think you said anything that contentious or owt.

I did like that Jammer responded to JH’s greeting and didn’t immediately ask him a question.
Plus you introduced Lala before he spoke - which is nice for newer listeners who won’t recognise voices yet - especially for those times that you have a guest.

The audio sounded different too. Not bad, just different.
Might be my imagination.

Also - despite all the podcasts I listen to and gaming news I read, I had completely missed that Nintendo were going to release another wave of NES CE consoles.

No, it’s not. I’m not happy with the audio the last few times. I think I know what part of the problem is. I noticed our Skype connection hasn’t been stellar lately. Also, we’re taking Johnny’s recording and he has the lowest bandwidth of the cast (until he gets fiber).

I’d love to have each person record their audio and just use that. It would sound awesome but would be an issue if we have guests. I also want to try Discord, I found a bot that will record everyone’s track separately. This would be awesome for editing as you have so much more control. I’m just not sure how it sounds over Discord with the compression they use.

Just going to drop this here…

1 Like

Yeesh…

That wasn’t an angry review. That was a brutal decapitation with the calmest of faces.

1 Like

I like that he’s honest with his reviews. I agree with points. That said, I still enjoy playing the game. A lot of grg are playing and we’re grouping up, which makes me happy.

I just see the potential for so much more. It’s a good proof of concept and what gamers want. They just really need to blow it out of the water.

Is it really that hard or too much to expect for new enemies? That’s my biggest disappointment in the game.

I do agree.
Though to be fair, this is the approach Halo took and that was wildly popular, so perhaps they think it’s better to not mess too much with the universe?

I had expected more new enemy types though.
Perhaps the next game or even the DLC should take us out of this galaxy or something to get more species incolved.

It’s not so much that they need new species - they need the species to act differently. They’re just so similar that it feels like a reskin of enemies you’ve already played.

I like the game, but still hate the way too predictable mission combat. I approached every mission last night the same way - hide behind a big structure, pop out to take shots because the enemy stayed in a certain area.

Oh, and Angry Joe brought up something I wish I had mentioned in our review - the music during the story scenes after you lose your light is just phenomenal. I’m not sure if my enjoyment of the revamped story in Destiny is due to better writing (or any at all really) or because the music is so spot on perfect.

There’s a later mission that has great music too - brought on Halo flashbacks.
You’ll know it when you get there.

Subscribe on Android

Audio is a huge part of why I am enjoying it more. The environments are another. Remove those 2 and it’s basically D1 all over again.

with improved storytelling.

Someone needs to fire the slacker who can’t get the YouTube video out on a timely matter.

Aww BFF!!!

1 Like

It’s not that bad. I have played very slowly. No more than 2 hours in a day and have skipped multiple days. I don’t feel behind at all. GRG has enough people at all levels that you should always be able to find someone to play with.

This is coming from someone that hated D1and had 0 plans to buy D2. I have no regrets. I played the whole story by myself then jumped into group play after.

2 Likes

Let me know when you get it. I feel like I’m going to be low level until I die.