ReaperCast 80 - Sea of Thieves Impressions

Grim Reaper Gamers hosts a Bi-Weekly Podcast where we talk about Community News, Video Games, Beer and whatever else we feel like discussing.  This episode we have a ton of gaming news to work through and we discuss our thoughts on the new game, Sea of Thieves.

Subscribe to the podcast:
iTunes | Spotify | Android | Google Play | RSS | TuneIn | More

Subscribe on Android Subscribe on iTunes

Lala Rant

• XBox App Clubs –  Who designed this craptastic UI?

Upcoming GRG Events

• PUBG Nights
  • Fortnite Nights
  • CoD WW2 Nights
  • Destiny Raid

Gaming and Geek News

• Assassin’s Creed 2019 – Ancient Greece?
  • PUBG Updates
    • Test patch – Weapon Skins
    • 4km x 4km map Teaser
  • Vivendi hostile takeover attempt of Ubisoft fails.
  • ESO – Summerset Chapter
  • Big Destiny sandbox update (1.1.4 is last planned update before Expansion 2 in May)
  • OOTP 19 and MLB The Show 18 release
  • Atari VCS – Updated specs and new info
  • FC5 anyone…anyone?
  • Batman: The Enemy Within (anyone buy/play this?) telltale games last ep drops tomorrow

Main Topic -Sea of Thieves Impressions

• What’s GRG thoughts on Sea of Thieves?

Community Info

Originally published at: https://grimreapergamers.com/2018/03/reapercast-80-sea-of-thieves-impressions/

@anon3687162 Rockstar has always taking a long time to make games.

San Andreas 2004
GTA IV 2008
GTA V 2013

Yes they will have another hit like GTA V. It’s called Red Dead Redemption and GTA 6. Both games will pull in just as much money because they are using the same method. Not really sure why you guys think RDR won’t do as good. I bet it out sells GTA V in game sales for this GEN.

RDR online is supposed to be similar to GTA 5 with “Shark cards” and all.

Part of my basis is RDR doesn’t pull any of that press “hype”. Anytime GTA releases it hits news outlets.

The press may not be hyped but the gamers are. Gamers are dying for shit to play too. This game will sell a ton of copies and eventual pass GTA V in game sales. Will it do as good with “Shark cards”? That is a tough one as no one knows how the Online will be.

Edited to add: You also have to remember R* does things differently. The media probably doesn’t like them very much as they don’t do E3/Cons, keeps things close to the chest, and likes to create it’s own hype with teasers, etc.

1 Like

I think a big factor is there were a lot of gamers who bought GTA for last gen, then again for this gen. Those numbers reflect that, and RDR won’t have that cross generation advantage.

2 Likes

Well that is true. I was not really thinking about last GEN at all. I am more basing my thought off the way games are selling now. Every new game breaks a previous games sales record. The game doesn’t even have to be a great one. There are just more gamers now and they want something to play. I think a good portion of all those GTA Online players are ready for something new and will be jumping ship to at least see if RDR can offer them a similar experience. Any time a game spans over 2 generations it is going to be hard to beat as far as numbers go but numbers don’t mean the game was a hit. It just means a bunch of people bought it.

Edited to add: I bought it for 360,X1, PS4, and PC. So I really helped those numbers out.

lol

I just wish my game save from the 360 carried over to the One.

As for RDR and GTA, I think RDR will be a massive hit but really feel that the GTA franchise is their bread and butter. We’ll see.

And I really want a current Gen GTA. Designed from the ground up to take advantage of what the new consoles can do. GTA V online is fun but so clunky.

2 Likes