Rise of Skywalker coming to Battlefront 2

https://i.imgur.com/DUWAoHq.jpg

I guess EA and DICE are trying to get the Battlefront name back in good graces with gamers. They’re adding in new content to a 2 year old game instead of creating a new game just for this content. Expect to see Rise of Skywalker content this December. They royally fucked up the release of this game, it’s nice to see them attempting to make good on it. Also, the game plays very well and the graphics and audio are top notch I doubt they’d be able to really improve on that aspect. It’s easier to add a few new maps to the existing game than release a whole new title that would need a ton of content to win gamers back.

Adding Rise of Skywalker content to a two-year-old game (especially one that sparked such controversy) is also a surprising move on EA’s part. Since 2015, the games have been on a two-year cycle, alternating with DICE’s flagship series Battlefield, so we should have been due a Battlefront 3. Brännvall suggests that’s not the way the Swedish studio wants to do things any more.

Things kick off in September with the release of the Felucia map, which you can read about below via DICE’s roadmap.

This map takes place as the Separatists’ invasion of Felucia is nearing its end. With only a single, powerful vehicle left to cover the evacuation of a Felucian farming community, the clones struggle to maintain their last line of defense long enough for Republic transports to collect a large cache of valuable medicinal plants from the village. But as the droids advance towards the clones’ position, the squad opts to go on the offensive and destroy the dreadnought responsible for the attack. However, the droids have a plan of their own: Ensure the Republic can’t escape with the plants by bringing down their Venator.