Sea Of Thieves Mega Thread

NSFW!

I’ll be playing all weekend man, I’ll add you now

2 Likes

I played the technical alpha back when all there was to do was find chests, PvP, and take others chests. Then we had order of souls quests added and removed. I remember when sharks were added. I remember when storms were added. When blunderbusses were added. When rifles were added. I agree the game could use more content. I think the merchant alliance quest lines need a bit of a rework, but I will still do them as they are. I understand the concern of the repetitious grind with no real progression. I recognize and understand all these things. None of it detracts from it being so fun! @Mowerguy90 and I hooked up with @Bmf1500 and @EnyoBellona over the weekend for some lootin and bootin! Unfortunately @EnyoBellona was using a router from 1987 that had to be hand cranked to maintain a connection so he didn’t get to experience all of the frivolities. We tried all three quest lines and got some good hauls. We decided to attack a skull fort. When we got to the fort there was no other ships so I stayed on our ship as a lookout while @Mowerguy90 and two randoms attacked the fort. Along comes a two man sloop looking for love in all the wrong places. I saw them far enough out that the away party was able to get back aboard and man the cannons. We took some damage and sent them to a watery grave. They came back two more times and we defeated them each time. Before the final attempt we noticed something in the water. It was a crate of spices. We managed to secure that in our hold, right as they were arriving. After their third and final defeat the away party cleared the skeleton fort. We collected the copious amount of loot and turned it in with big stupid grins on our faces. I attribute 90% of our luck to Frank! If you want to be successful at sea you need to find Frank! Overall the quests are a little grindy. However the fun and thrills lie in the other players. The members of your crew. The other crews you battle. The sails you see at a distance on the sea. That is were the fun and longevity is. You know every ship is manned by humans. Will they come after you? Will they run? Jump in and see for yourself.

3 Likes

From another thread:

@Nanookbjorn I was worried about the lack of content as well and holding off on pulling the trigger on purchasing it, but then I realized I was looking at the game the wrong way. The lack of progression is hard to initially wrap your head around, because almost every game for the last ten plus years has been progression driven.

What made me pull the trigger is the response from people who absolutely love this game. Why do they love it? Because they can fuck around and be pirates. You don’t have to worry about not having unlocked weapons, classes or skills. Sure, it might not keep some people hooked day in and day out, but it definitely seems like a game that was meant to simply be enjoyed.

1 Like

The room is there. No loot. Probably a troll. A few people are saying extremely rare loot spawn. Will check back on occasion.

1 Like

PSA: don’t be a moron and swing your sword around carelessly when gun powder barrels are within striking distance. Whooops…

3 point shot. We ended up getting our ass kicked again by these guys. It was still fun trying.

2 Likes

Heads up PC pirates! I just learned that when an Xbox player sends you an invite to game or party chat, the notification will show up in your Windows notifications, not the Xbox app.

1 Like

Is he a ninja pirate or a pirate ninja?

got a short video of me, @Nanookbjorn and a rando serving up some just desserts to a freeloader. The amount of random, pointless, and ridiculously funny shit you can do on this game is wild

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t necessarily care about people using hacks per se.
Though in a PvP context, they need to be segregated at the very least.

I only care when they affect me. It’s why I play PUBG on xbox over PC. PC is much better but atleast I know when I die on xbox it was more my fault than someone hacking.

When it comes to battle in SOT I suck really bad so IMO others don’t need an advantage lol.

2 Likes

I have yet to be affected by hackers on PUBG PC. It’s a non issue for me personally. Even if it happened once and awhile to me (which it hasn’t), it still wouldn’t bother me much. Now if it was happening frequently I would not be happy and would likely play less.

1 Like

It’s always in my head and am always thinking about it. There for it makes it not enjoyable. I barely play on PC anymore and the last 4 sessions I feel like I have encountered a hacker.