Sea Of Thieves Mega Thread

I haven’t see this game mentioned yet, but I would really like to see more gameplay on this. I think it has the potential to be a lot of fun to play socially, and being from Rare Replay, probably not too pricey (I could be wrong). I hope they release a demo for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ueT7WiH1U

2 Likes

A bunch of the guys are looking at this. I think @anon3687162, @D1G1TALC1PHERS and a few others. They want to plunder Male booty or something.

I see a ship , crewed by GRG members , sinking with the loss of all hands . Azline , will the first to drown of coarse , because all the raging he will be doing while sinking to the bottom . LOL !!!

1 Like

Any port in a storm

Some off screen unscripted gameplay. Looks like you need teamwork on this one. Being drunk while drinking on a pirate ship in game while battling other players is right up my alley. I’m completely sold. I think this will be a lot of fun. Still no release date or price yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4x7HujIzc

1 Like

The team behind the upcoming pirate themed multiplayer action adventure title Sea of Thieves is continuing their series of behind-the-scenes videos, Inn-side Stories.

In the latest clip, #10 in the series, senior designers Shelley and Andrew Preston reveal just how important co-operation between teammates is to achieving the goal. With one player responsible for steering, another for navigating, another in the crows nest and yet another in the prow, all of whom have to help each other whilst navigating the treacherous seas. If that’s not enough, once landed on a potential treasure island, all of the crew will have to lend a hand in digging up any treasure and protecting it until it is sold. It’s impressive and very cleverly done, and the short clip reveals how all of this works in the game.

Sea of Thieves will be setting sail on the Xbox One and Windows 10 some time in 2017.

2 Likes

This game looks like the opposite of a turd

1 Like

I really want to play this game for all the afore mentioned reasons of drinking while playing a pirate ship and such.

https://files.graphiq.com/835/media/images/t2/Captain_Morgan_100_Proof_Spiced_Rum_1310660.jpg

O Captain! My Captain!

Shit. Requires three friends huh.

Sea of Thieves has a play session going on right now lasting for three days. I can’t discuss details about what it’s being tested (NDA), however for you Insiders, check your inboxes for information. If you haven’t played in a while there may be reasons to come back. I will be trying to get a group going later, suck at work currently.

Sea of Thieves Closed Beta Running January 24th to 29th

Sea of Thieves has been a staple of Xbox’s upcoming exclusive lineup since 2015. In fact, we here at TrueAchievements have gotten so used to reporting it as a vague “coming soon” that it’s a bit strange to finally know the release date of March 20th. But before we can get to that, Rare has announced a closed beta will be running from January 24th-29th.

The closed beta is accessible to anyone who joined Sea of Thieves’ insider program before December 1st, 2017 and anyone who pre-ordered the game. If you meet these qualifications and need help downloading the beta client, head over to the official website for help.

Also of interest is that the nondisclosure agreement will finally be lifted during the closed beta. While Rare has run several alpha tests for Sea of Thieves, the tests were all covered by an NDA, so players weren’t able to share footage of the game or discuss their experiences outside of Rare’s closed forums without breaking the agreement. With the NDA gone, we should see a lot more content from the game, even though Rare says, “We won’t be testing the full game during this Closed Beta phase: we want to keep a good selection of things up our sleeves for players to discover at launch.”

The official dates for the start and end of the closed beta are 12 p.m. GMT on January 24th to 8 a.m. GMT on January 29th (4 a.m. PST on January 24th to 12 a.m. PST on January 29th).

This salty sea dog will be pillaging and looting all the beta noobs I can bear my cannons on!

Joining the Gold Hoarders

The Gold Hoarders are the only Trading Company open for business in the Sea of Thieves Closed Beta. You’ll be able to come to an arrangement with them to build your reputation and wealth by loaning them your skills in exchange for a cut of their profits.

How do you get started? Simply track down one of the Gold Hoarders’ tents emblazoned with their distinctive key emblem. You can find one at each outpost. Knowing the value of your skills, the Company’s golden-faced representative will generously offer you a free voyage to secure your services. Accept it and take it to the Captain’s table on board your ship – there, your crew must cast a vote and agree to set sail.

If you check your quest wheel, you’ll now have a treasure map. Head to your ship’s map table and locate the island you need to plunder (cross-referencing it against the map from the Gold Hoarders) before embarking on your maiden voyage. When you’ve tracked down the treasure, complete the deal by returning it to the Gold Hoarders and claiming your cut. Continue to co-operate with them in this fashion and you can get promoted within their ranks, with all the perks that entails!

1 Like

I have seen a few “reviews” whining about not knowing what to do. I watched 5 minutes of a stream on Twitch, and figured everything out. It’s not that damn hard to figure out the game. Those guys would have been real fucked when they found out Pacman didn’t have a tutorial, I suppose.

Yup it takes aboit 5 to 10 minutes to figure everything out with out a video. The game is very simple in controls.

Looking forward to cross platform. Pre ordered just now so I can play on Xbox or PC and it shouldn’t matter; can play with all you fools. (-: