SNES Classic Edition Is Coming

http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20170626005607/en/595159/5/SNES_Mini.jpg

Console is coming on 9/29 for $80. I am of course not a retro gamer but this price point seems high though I know it will sell.

Nintendo has announced the Super NES Classic Edition, and announced that it will be released on September 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99 in the States, $119.95 in Australia and £79.99 in the UK.

The follow-up to the NES Classic Edition (which will be called the ‘Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System’ in Europe) includes 21 titles - including Star Fox 2, a game that had previously never been released.

A full list of included games follows:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

Star Fox 2 is the stand-out inclusion, a full sequel to the original Star Fox that was completed but canceled. A full version of the game has been known about for several years, but has not been released until now, apparently for legal reasons.

The SNES Classic will come bundled with two wired SNES Classic controllers (no word on how long those wires are just yet), an HDMI cable and a USB power cable.

In a strange point of difference, the US version will also come with the AC adapter needed to plug the USB cable into for power, but the European version will not. The European version will, however, feature the system and controller’s regional design.The SNES Classic comes after reports earlier this year of an NES Classic followup from Nintendo, which the company discontinued earlier this year. The first Classic Edition console shipped 2.3 million units before its cancellation, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime told IGN.

1 Like

Just build your own to play all the games.

1 Like

Not interested. I bitched about this in Discord, so may as well here too. It’s the BC argument all over again. Sure it’s a great idea and you’re tiny little heart will skip a beat as you lovingly remember playing the games growing up through your gaming history. But honestly, How often are you actually going to turn the system on after the first initial nostalgic rush? This is a pass for me, personally.

I agree. I have the NES mini, and the Raspi gets more use.

I think it’s more of jus a collector thing…