Sony Schedules PlayStation VR Event for March in San Francisco

time to get that preorder money ready

While initially revealed well over two years ago as “Project Morpheus,” Sony’s take on virtual reality with PlayStation VR has been relatively quiet, though it seems that next month will bring what may be the full package of new info on PlayStation VR ahead of its intended spring 2016 release.

Sony has begun releasing invitations for an upcoming press event focused exclusively on PlayStation VR, with the event taking place on March 15th, 2016 in San Francisco, CA.

According to a copy of the invitation from Engadget, the event will kick off with a special presentation from Sony at 2pm PT, with attendees being able to try various hands-on demo with the VR device until 6pm PT.

Notably, the event takes place right in the middle of the Game Developer’s Conference 2016 which runs from March 14th – 18th, 2016.

Hopefully the event kicks off some of the information that we’ve been waiting quite some time for, most of all the release date/window for the device and what the final price will be, as the majority of the PlayStation VR’s major competitors, such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, have all announced their release plans and pricing.

Sony’s PlayStation VR event will take place on March 15th, 2016 in San Francisco, CA.

1 Like

There’s another Reapercast topic: Is VR the future of gaming, or yet another throwaway gadget that will wind up in our store rooms?

My biggest issue with VR, outside of price, lack of games, headache enducing is I can’t see myself using it for long periods of time. My gaming sessions tend to be rather long. Wearing that and my headset (gotta have that 7.1 lol) and having to deal with batteries or wires just seems like a major pain in the ass.

I may change my mind down the road but I don’t think I am going to jump into VR.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that these VR headsets include n over the ear or in the ear speakers, but I could be wrong. I’m just getting info from ppl that have used them but the way they describe it, it seems audio output is included.

Stereo, 5.1, 7.1? I guess we will find out. Doesn’t look like it is in ear or near the ear. I would hope it is inclosed to keep room noise out.

Still doesn’t change the fact I couldn’t see myself wearing it for a 8 hour game session.

Ok, it’s separate

1 Like

Wow! That looks bulky.