Star Trek Discovery - SPOILERS

They are using Star Trek to try to gain suckers I mean subscribers.

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m a fan and would watch but I ain’t paying for another sub

1 Like

Just watched the first 2 episodes and I’m really liking it. It’s definitely a different vibe that previous Star Treks. We’ll see how the season progresses but it’s like they mixed in some Battlestar Galactica. It’s a lot darker and will focus on the Federation / Klingon War.

Anyone else catch this?

1 Like

Not yet but want to /need too

I will watch it at some point but will never pay CBS a fucking dime with how they are doing this show.

2 Likes

It’s only on CBS’s streaming service. Released weekly after the first 2 episodes. Stupid way to start a new series. I expect this series to be heavily pirated.

1 Like

Shocking…

Yet it’s on Netflix UK. Assholes.

1 Like

I stream it through my Android box. Fuck paying.

I watched the first episode. Not impressed. It’s very “girl power” and the technology timeline doesn’t add up. I’ll check out the second episode eventually.

Also, why do the Klingons look like weird Orcs?

1 Like

No idea. Bigger budget for special effects? They don’t look like Warf.

The 2nd episode is worth a watch. It was pretty exciting.

Even if they still have the Captain and First Officer go on away missions. Doesn’t The Federation have special forces to handle that shit??? That’s probably my biggest beef.

I’m still not sure why they are different… Anyway, here’s a cool video on the making of the new Klingons.

The big thing with me is proving the men wrong. The chief Science Officer is telling you his expert opinion on a matter. But no, the female #2 had to chime in and object and prove him wrong. Too much girl power in that episode. Going to take a lot of willpower to turn on the second.

One other thing, since when do they have ethnic named ships matched to the ethnic person?

Why do they feel the need to change the fucking Klingons?

1 Like

Episode 3 is a pretty solid intro to the USS Discovery and it’s Captain. This won’t be you’re standard Star Trek, they definitely are mix BattleStar Galactica in.

I’ll check it out. Didn’t realize the 3rd episode was ready. Finished the second one the other day. It was tolerable. I’ll generally give a new show 3-5 episodes to get me hooked or not.

1 was the only freebie.

1 Like

FYI @anon3687162. This is why there are no mini skirts and Go-Go boots on the Discovery.

Star Trek: Discovery: Desperate Hours, which was released earlier this week, gives readers a crossover between the Enterprise and Shenzhou crews in 2255. With the crews traveling space within years of each other, their completely different uniforms would certainly raise some eyebrows. Thankfully, the novel explains it away pretty easily, in a passage you can check out below.

“Gant and his team from the Shenzhou wore dark blue Starfleet utility jumpsuit uniforms with black trim, while the Enterprise team sported pale gold or light blue jerseys over black trousers — a new uniform style that so far had been issued exclusively to the crews of Starfleet’s vaunted Constitution- class starships.”

So, there you have it. Apparently the outfits worn by the Enterprise crew were far ahead of the curve, while the Shenzhou crew members were donning more standard uniforms of the time.

Don’t really care for the new Klingon look.

Any of it. The ships, clothes and facial features.

It’s too busy and too dark

Well they are a ceremonial race. The details on the ships and armor are pretty well done in my opinion. The makeup however is another story. The third episode was actually pretty good.

1 Like

Third episode was good.