Star Trek Discovery - SPOILERS

Ok I am through the third episode and will continue watching but so far it’s not really Star Trek to me. Like I said in the podcast, The Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is.

Also let me go into @xxxNAILBUNNYxxx nerd rage about the show. The technology is way advanced for a show that takes place 10 years before Kirk’s crew. Such as the admiral’s projection walking around instead of being on screen.

1 Like

I give a lot of leeway here. You can’t lock yourself into Star Trek’s original interpretation of what the future will be. That was 50 years ago. Hell, we have holograms now.

Klingons didn’t invent stealth technology!!! There’s no reason they should be all ninja in deep space right now.

As for those holograms, it really bugs me that they interact with the ship they’re projecting to. It infuriates me.

1 Like
1 Like

Well they didn’t waste time killing what seemed to be a major character. Will keep watching this show but it is not Star Trek.

1 Like

Perfect from a review I read on the latest episode.

Captain Georgiou left Michael a telescope and an inspirational hologram in her will. It’s a mawkish, manipulative moment that fails to answer how this material wasn’t delivered to Michael sooner, or what idiot salvaged the Shenzhou to snag an ancient telescope while leading a fully-functioning dilithium processor behind.

I don’t understand the logic behind that death either. Let’s make a colossally stupid decision on letting an unstoppable beast out of it’s cage and see what happens…

I’m not sure what else they expected. I really don’t. That scene and death was just shitty writing and a plot device to move Michael further up the chain of command. It’s almost as bad as the Captain and 1st Officer both beaming to the Klingon ship on an away mission. That’s a staple Star Trek blunder that drives me nuts. They all do it. Isn’t there a Star Fleet Navy SEAL division? Seriously, the Captain and 1st Officer are the only people capable of leading an assault??

Regardless, I love this show. I’m so glad they upped the tech. It’s visually more appealing and makes more sense than the crap on past Star Trek shows.

1 Like

Just watched the episode. I’ve never agreed with Jammer so much. It’s a good show. It’s just not a good Star Trek.

Isn’t enslaving a being to use for their own purposes against Federal regulations? Wouldn’t the Captain be charged with a war crime? Any previous series the Captain would be visited by an Admiral, torn a new one and taken off the ship, one way or another.

1 Like

I hate the look of the fucking Klingons.

and stop with the stupid fucking sub titles. it seems like it takes a Klingon 5 minutes to say 3 words.

I’m not sure about this series.

part of me wants it to fail just because the whole world can get it on netflix except the country they are based in

1 Like

QaQ

“Good”

1 Like

Plarkch

“point”

1 Like

Kjahn

“Kraig”

1 Like

Form what I read in some Reddit Star Trek Neck beard posts the drive is banned. Or will be. Apparently it’s called the DASH Drive and is banned by the Federation (or will be). I’m not sure on the time lines.

My Google-Fu is failing to find any info on this.

1 Like

ucksay ymay eenpay

1 Like

another rant…

why in the fuck would Starfleet not use a self destruct protocol when abandoning a star ship after a battle?

The klingons stroll into a federation ship and takes its energy source?

lame

1 Like

one positive - its good to see rupaul working again:

1 Like

Officers in Star Trek do not curse and perfectly written from a review I read:

DSC was billed as a new approach for the franchise, but if “new approach” is just “hey, remember Battlestar Galactica?”

Best Trek Evar!

Just started the most recent episode. Prepare for criticism

1 Like