Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mega Thread

I like the game so far. Only played MP. It’s fun. I don’t give a rats ass about micro transactions. I’m glad they removed it though. Let’s see how long I play this one. It’s still a Star Wars game in the collection. F it. Why not.

1 Like

That’s kinda what I was thinking as well. It’s Star Wars…

It appears the decision to temporarily remove microtransactions from Star Wars Battlefront 2 was due to pressure from Disney.

Reports from various sources state EA’s temporary removal of purchasable Crystals in Star Wars Sattlefront 2 was made after a phone call from Disney, which owns the Star Wars franchise.

EA removed the option to purchase in-game Crystals ahead of the game’s launch yesterday. These Crystals are obtained using real money and packs of Crystals start at $5 for 500 and up to $100 for 12,000 Crystals.

According to a source speaking with the Wall Street Journal, Disney was less than pleased over the online backlash and bad press Star Wars Battlefront 2 was receiving over the microtransactions, not to mention the convoluted rewards system.

This didn’t sit well with Disney CEO Robert Iger, according to the WSJ, and resulted in Disney’s head of consumer products and interactive media, Jimmy Pitaro, to contact EA.

A source speaking with VentureBeat stated Pitaro gave EA CEO Andrew Wilson a ring, resulting in microtransactions being temorarily suspended until the system could be revamped.

Another source, speaking with MP1st, corroborated the report. The site reached out to EA for comment, and was told the company wouldn’t provide comment on the matter.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/18/microtransactions-in-star-wars-battlefront-2-suspended-due-to-pressure-from-disney-report/

2 Likes

Disney keep it up ! Disney the company who can take more of your money but in a way that makes you feel like it’s magical. They will find a less offensive way to get you money. Disney can’t be a part of “providing kids with gambling options”.

Disney has huge potential to rake in the cash over Star Wars anything don’t want to mess that up

I got the game and jumped on a little last night. SP is fun, and the game is like the first, beautiful.

I jumped into a star fighter match and did ok, then jumped into a ground assault and got my ass handed to me on hoth. Like any MP game, map knowledge is the key. I didn’t think I was too handicapped being a noob and was just getting beat down cause I didn’t know where the best choke points were.

I feel it’s a fun game and would be better to play with friends. I really dig the flying matches, but I almost always rather fly than be on the ground. There were a couple of times I met up with a Vader or Yoda was on my team, and I’m assuming the kids just spent hours unlocking. Yea it’s tough to bring them down, but if you work as a team and team shoot, it’s possible. I still think the whole backlash is out of proportion and internet trolls who never played the game are cranky.

1 Like

When 2017’s Star Wars Battlefront II was first previewed at E3 this year, people were cautiously optimistic. Its predecessor was slammed for being thin on content, but initial showings of the game looked promising and it seemed like EA had added the things fans wanted out of the game’s sequel, like a single-player campaign. Now, everything has turned to shit.

This is a good post from Kotaku that gives a good timeline for the whole SW BF2 Microtransaction debacle.

Best line from that rundown and true in all areas of life now.

This isn’t true, but thanks to social media, misinformation spreads.

3 Likes

Hate the trolls, enjoying the game.

It’s Star Wars! But that can be said about the first one as well. It truly is a fun game and with a squad of folks you can really take over the matches. Lack of map knowledge did us wrong on the Endor map last night, but for the most part, just coming together and holding down points allowed us a few victories. When the other team spawned a hero, such as maul and Vader, we took them out quickly and efficiently with team shooting. It was disheartening to the other team to spawn a hero to get him chewed down quickly.

Galactic Assault was nice and big and when we capped the first points, it opened up more of the map and was a pleasant surprise.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with it and hope that we can get some good games in.

1 Like

Gameplay

Reduced the spawn wave timer on Strike from 10 to 5 seconds.
Tweaked spawn positions on Tatooine.
Fixed an issue where the players would sometimes not be able to deploy as the AT-AT.
Fixed an issue where Rey’s lightsaber would sometimes disappear.
Fixed an issue where joining a game after getting a friend invite would trigger the incorrect camera view.
Fixed an issue where footprint marks would sometimes leave strange lines on the ground when walking.
Fixed an issue in Starfighter Assault where killstreaks would not calculate correctly.
Fixed an issue where weapon VFX went out of sync when quickly transitioning between 1st and 3rd person camera.
Fixed an issue where the NT-242 would cause too much damage against the AAT.
Fixed an issue where controller input would be lost intermittently in the UI.
Fixed an issue where the charge would float in mid-air on certain objectives in Strike.
Fixed an issue in single player where some objectives did not trigger as intended, causing players to get stuck on certain objectives.
Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren’s appearance reverts to the default version after he has been eliminated.
Fixed an issue that prevented player to deploy in the AT-RT during the first phase of Galactic Assault on Hoth.
Fixed an issue where the HUD would not update correctly on Strike.
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the environment on Jakku while playing Strike.
Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes get stuck in the loading screen while loading the campaign.
Fixed an issue where players could interact with game mode objectives from greater distances than intended.
Fixed an issue where certain HUD element were visible when in ADS while playing campaign.
Fixed an issue where players would get progress toward Bossk specific milestones when playing as Han Solo.
Fixed an issue where the TL-50 alternate fire loses functionality until fired again when swapping back and forth between weapons during the campaign.
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the pause menus when reloading checkpoints in the campaign.
Fixed an issue where the AAT would sometimes spawn beneath the MTT in Galactic Assault, rendering it unable to move.
Fixed an issue where the game would freeze if players attempt to pause the game at certain zone transitions.
Fixed several graphical and texture issues that would occur during the campaign.
Fixed an issue that would cause texture flickering on Multi-GPU configurations.
User Interface & HUD

Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Crate opening screen.
Fixed an issue where text would overlap in the Star Cards Trait description screen.
Fixed an issue where text would have bad line breaks in the account sign-up flows.
Fixed an issue where card names are cut off incorrectly in the Equip & Craft screens.
Fixed an issue where certain Hero names overflows in the Character select screen in Heroes vs Villains.
Fixed an issue where several ability names have bad line breaks in the Collection screen.
Fixed an issue where switching between screens would sometimes cause problems with the UI.
Fixed an issue that caused the Social Hub system to behave incorrectly if a players account had more than 100 friends.
Fixed an issue where Weapons & Star Cards equipped on Iden from the Character screen does not reflect in-game.
Fixed an issue where some Star Cards would be available without their required Star Level being achieved.
Fixed an issue where progress is not tracked correctly in the UI for certain milestones.
Fixed several typos or incorrect information displayed in the Trooper Milestones.
Fixed several issues where localized text did not appear correctly in certain screens.
Fixed several issues where text would have spelling errors for certain languages.
Updated art for certain Star Cards.
General

Fixed an issue where the player’s saved data would be erased if starting the game with no controllers connected.
Fixed several clipping issues that would occur during the campaign.
General stability and performance improvements.
Fixed several collisions issues.

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/new-star-wars-battlefront-ii-patch-out-now-w512297

The plot thickens…

I found out from a few of the other players here that they weren’t aware that some DLC is out.

The campaign DLC is on the shorter side but excellent and carries the story on with promise of more. Very well done.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 updates have been non-existent for the past month, but DICE Design Director Dennis Brännvall‏ recently broke the silence via Twitter. Over the past few hours, Brännvall‏ discussed everything from progression to a potential prequel season.

Most of these tidbits are short, but they were conveniently gathered by Preston1138 on the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit.

Brännvall posted a video of “March On The Jedi Temple” as his song for “‘tweaking’ the progression system.” In other words, if you’re still not happy with the current loot crate loop, more changes are in development.
Brännvall says he’ll be sharing progress updates more frequently as he and his team have permission from EA to keep the community up to date.
More info on skins is coming soon .
He refused to talk about heroes like Obi-Wan or General Grievous.
When asked if he could tease prequel content, Brännvall posted a picture of Jar Jar Binks with the caption “how rude.”
Joked about Episode I destroyers.
Said he’d like to see the 2015 Bespin map return.
Private match support teased.
Also teased Anakin as a hero by saying “be mindful of your thoughts. They’ll betray you” when asked if the elder Skywalker would join the roster.
He said he’s already teased things about next season. Given the nods to “March On The Jedi Temple,” Anakin, destroyers and Jar Jar, it sounds like prequel content. The next season is expected to begin soon.
Aside from these larger upgrades, here’s a list of bugs, buffs or nerfs being investigated by developers.

Sentry ability will likely be nerfed for heroes.
Broken emotes are being investigated.
Improved lightsaber effects.
Fixes for issues with hero abilities being locked.
CR-2 and Blurgg are both being nerfed.
Wookies are getting nerfed.
Rolling and dodging will be tweaked.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 was last updated in mid-December. EA has assured fans that change would be constant in the Battlefront 2 universe, but between holiday breaks and aggressive maneuvers to rejuvenate the game’s frustrated community EA has maintained a strict code of silence. Most of the post-launch backlash has calmed down, so it’s encouraging to see the community’s most trusted sources reopening dialogue with players.

We just got done talking about them selling 9 million copies on the podcast last nigh.

This on XBox or PS4?

Have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling? (I know it’s a shotgun approach).

1 Like

Just bought this since they put it on sale and have not had that issue yet. Have not played a lot yet. Currently on xbox. We did have a couple kicks from the lobby maybe twice in about 20 games.

The new progression system hits March 21st. Here are some details courtesy of Game Informer.

The most fundamental change is that progression is now linear, meaning that star cards and all gameplay-impacting items are now earned as set rewards for leveling up. Experience points are doled out for characters, classes, and ships that give you skill points at level ups to unlock or upgrade star cards.

Loot boxes, or crates in the Battlefront II vernacular, no longer contain star cards at all and can only be earned through daily login bonuses, milestones, and timed challenges. Cosmetic items like emotes and victory poses can still be gotten through crates, but anything gameplay-related is off the table.

Starting next month, cosmetic outfits can be purchased through in-game credits or the virtual currency crystals. The outfits are for both the troopers and the heroes, so you can take the appearance of a Rodian and shoot second all you want, though that’s probably not recommended as a gameplay strategy.

I’m going to agree with the article, this is how it should have been done to start.

1 Like

Hopefully this bodes well for future EA games.

Don’t fuck it up again EA…

1 Like