Star-wars open world game cancled after third handoff

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-fully-committed-star-wars-games-after-cancelati/1100-6464437/
The open world star wars game that went into production in 2017, code named Orca (until mid 2018 it was rumored to be KOTOR 3.) has finally been confirmed as canceled after three studios tried their hands at it.

Reportedly when EA’s top brass looked at the release schedule of future titles and decided that they needed something earlier than the planned release date for Orca. So they cancelled Orca in favor of a smaller-scale Star Wars project that’s now aimed for much sooner—likely, late 2020, which also happens to be around the time that next-gen consoles are rumored to launch.

Some at the studio also hope that Orca might be restarted after this new project is finished. To those, like myself, that had been looking forward to the game (KOTOR3 or not) how disappointing is this news? What does EA creating a watered down type of Star Wars game say about it’s ability to create ground breaking content. Particularly as they look to launch with the next gen systems; which will obviously have much more powerful components and performance abilities as the current gen.

It hardly fills me with confidence.
I’ll tell you that much for free.

can I purchase the next dlc of your opinion?

1 Like

You can preorder it now for the low price of $19.99.
Release date TBC.

1 Like

shut up and take my money!

Can I +1 this a bunch of times?

1 Like