State of the Game 5-22-19 - Division 2

For those that dont know The Division has what’s called the “State of the Game” which is a weekly live stream where they talk about, you guessed it, “The State of the Game”. They go over various things such as what’s coming in maintenance, future updates, bug fixes etc. Alot of what you read in release notes is covered.

Highlights:

Worlds First raid completion shoutouts across all 3 platforms.

There was chatter about a nerf to the raid but that is now confirmed that they are not planning to change anything about it; maybe make it harder :thinking:. Let the console side outrage continue!

Maintenance being moved back a few hours but will be a shorter window. No time was specified yet.

Various bug fixes: Most notable - Fix for enemies that rush you then speed past you and go into cover. (Hopefully this fix applies in the Raid as well)

Talk about Title Update 3.1 but no confirmed release date; could be a few weeks out.

Hints at the new specialization which will come in Title Update 4.

What are thoughts about the “State of the Game”? Are you enjoying your stay in DC? Let us know.

@DivisionPlayers

1 Like

Ugh, this will be brutal. No balance changes for the Raid on consoles…

1 Like

Yeah it will be brutal.

What’s funny in this stream they use the excuse that of course it will be easier on PC, that’s how shooters work, they will always be harder on console. Was no different in D1. Really? That’s what you tell your fan base?!

There is no doubt that PCs have an upper hand with using a kb and mouse and being able to push the limits of the hardware but to have an experience that is greatly different (Positive or Negative) and swayed one way is not a good thing when you have a multi-platform game.

Oh well… I’m still having fun and will be gratifying to beat the raid whenever that might be.

Yeah, I’m pretty bummed about no balance changes to the raid for consoles and to the game as a whole. They need to slow down the NPCs eventually. Those bastards are quick as lightning.

1 Like

I think that fix will come with the maintenance tomorrow I just hope it also applies inside the Raid which it should but who knows.

I also saw on Reddit today that some people have started to notice that NPCs will focus on players who have the lowest health stat and will flank them over someone with a higher health stat where they’re more likely to turn away and duck in cover. Armor stat had nothing to do with it either. So even if the lower health stat player had more armor than the higher health player they were still focused on.

yeah i think i have been noticing that as well. Target the weakest player.

1 Like

Yeah it would be realistic if it was just around your armor being depleted and they see your health is almost gone but for the algorithms to stat check is crazy

Interesting! Cant help but still have some discontent with the whole “Of course it will be harder on consoles” comment they made in the SoG.

So that’s why they are always chasing you. Makes sense now.

2 Likes