Subnautica

@forgiv - any particular mods you can recommend?
It’s usually one of the benefits I enjoy taking advantage of when playing a game on PC.

@unobtainaballs
I originally wrote this with direct links to all the mods, but because I’m still new I’m limited to only having two links in my post. As such, I’ll just add the link to the mods page on nexusmods and give the names of the mods I use. Here is the page for Subnautica mods.
Here’s a few that I use:

Map adds a map to your tablet that can show things like biomes, coordinates, and waypoints. The map has to be uncovered by actually exploring it so it doesn’t feel like cheating.

MoreQuickSlots increases the number of slots on the quick bar at the bottom since the games default is like 5 or 6 and there are like 8 or 9 tools you use on a regular basis.

AutoSortLockers is a little more complicated, but the basic premise is that it just adds special lockers to the game that can be linked together so that the inventories are automatically sorted when you add items to it. It’s SUPER useful late game when you have a ton of crap to look through.

EasyCraft is a super convenient crafting mod that makes it so that any items that you need to craft for the item you’re trying to craft are done automatically when you try to craft the item. For example, it will craft copper wire from your copper ore automatically when you try to craft a computer chip which uses it as an ingredient. It also grabs items from nearby inventories so you don’t have to worry about having the items on hand to craft. It’s also very configurable.

Blueprint Tracker lets you pin blueprints which will show what ingredients you need to craft the item on your HUD.

Those are all the ones I used when I was just playing the campaign normally. Since then I’ve added some more that are a bit more cheaty, but are a ton of fun. There’s even an amazing multiplayer mod called Nitrox; I haven’t personally used it yet but it seems pretty cool and it’s open source for anyone that likes it and wants to contribute to it’s development.

2 Likes

I’m so genuinely lost in open-world type games that don’t have a map.
Always a good inclusion.

The others sound good too. Makes me wish RPGs would implement them all (cough Fallout 76).

Thanks!