Take In The Sights And Sounds Of Vampyr With This Trailer And Soundtrack Preview

We’re just under a month from the release of Dontnod Entertainment’s aptly-named vampire RPG Vampyr. The French studio are building up excitement for the upcoming title with a new gameplay trailer, as well as a sneak peak at the game’s soundtrack.

Reception to Dontnod’s first game Remember Me was quite varied but one element almost universally praised was the game’s soundtrack, scored by Olivier Derivière. After working with The Farm 51 on Get Even, he’s returned to work with Dontnod on Vampyr and now we have an opportunity to have a listen to his work on Bandcamp. There are four tracks available to preview — The Struggle, The Thirst, Bridge To London and Industrial Landscapes — and the whole album will cost $7.

In addition, the studio has released a new gameplay trailer for us to enjoy. Titled “Becoming A Monster” this one is mostly centred around combat, showing us a few of Dr. Jonathan Reid’s nifty powers that he has now that he’s a vampire.

Vampyr releases on Xbox One on June 5th.

I’m really exited about this one. I had a blast with vampire the masquerade bloodlines. Given the twilight surge in the early-mid 2000s I’m surprised we weren’t inundated with vampire games like we were, and still are, with zombie games.