Tera comes to XB1 and PS4

Tera, a free to play MMO is coming to XB1 and PS4. I’ve never tried this one, I think it was a subscription game that went Free to play when it didn’t do as well as expected. I’m not sure how badly they beat you up with a cash shop or if it’s buy to win or not. Anyone ever play this?

You can sign up for the Beta here.

1 Like

Grex will like this game. He can grind for legendary panties.

4 Likes

@EnyoBellona will play it since he jumps around to everything.

Scratch that looking at Steam he already has played it.

I have hijacked this thread but in terms of cash shop taken from their description on Steam.

In a truly free-to-play experience. TERA imposes no artificial cap on classes, zones, or what you can do, or how good you can be - all of the content in the game can be experienced without paying a single penny. To support the continued development of TERA, we offer account services and cosmetic items - costumes, accessories, weapon skins, mounts, and more. We heard players on Steam really like hats…

1 Like

It was a sub game that went F2P.

Tera is from what I hear a pretty fun MMO and the F2P model is good. Probably why its still popular. But its pretty dated now. I thought about playing this but it was at the time BDO came out and i went that route instead.

Curious as to what it will draw and feel it will be like Neverwinter in terms of popularity on the console.

I played this for about 6 months when it first came out. I eventually gave up due to the aiming system, which I think will be easier for me with a controller.

I’m gonna give this a shot…I miss my Popori

#nofurry

1 Like

I bought this at release on PC and played for a while but couldn’t get anyone I played with to pick it up. I actually used an Xbox controller on my PC to play it because it played better that way, so it should work great on consoles.

It was a really good game that was a lot of fun. That was pre cash shop though, so not sure how much that ruined it.

My youngest is currently playing this on PC. It’s free to play so he’s doing whatever. He’s digging it, for whatever that’s worth.

Any of you fools get in on the technical test?

Are there any GRG interested in playing this?

All about my grind. So you know I am down. Need to look into the different builds I can make

1 Like

I’ll check it out. I apparently signed up for the test but I don’t think i filled out the survey that was required.

I got into the last technical test on PS4.
Played it a little, kept me interested but I was pretty sure I wouldn’t play it for a second day running (considering it was just a weekend).

Not sure if I’d play it again.
Few little bugs, one where I had to restart a mission, nothing too bad.
Bit too simple at the very beginning, wasn’t overly intrigued in the plot.

I’m never interested in PvP for MMO style games, though I don’t think that was a part of it anyway.

I was selected for the previous one as well. But was not around that weekend and it was short. Maybe, I dunno. Tera is a pretty old game now but still fairly popular on pc. Might just check it out to see if I like it

Open beta for consoles starts March 9.

1 Like

I’ll give it a whirl to see how I feel about it.

TERA Trailer Provides First Look At Console Gameplay

Before PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds took the world by storm last year, the game for which developer Bluehole was most known was 2011’s TERA. With the MMORPG coming to consoles this year, and with an open beta later this week, the team has provided the first look at the gameplay on console.

As well as simply providing the first footage of the game on console, the video has a focus on how Bluehole adapted the MMORPG — a genre much more associated with PC gaming — to the more couch-friendly consoles, with a look at the control scheme, revamped user interface, and more.

If you want to try TERA out for yourself, you’re in luck as the game will be having an open beta later this week, from March 9th to March 12th, before Bluehole launches the full game in Spring 2018.

We should probably schedule some events for this. Noob night in Tera.

When do the Open Beta servers go live?

The open beta servers go live at 2 p.m. UTC on Friday, March 9 (or 6 a.m. PST), and shut down at 7:59 a.m. UTC on Monday, March 12 (or 11:59 p.m. PST on March 11).

Will TERA require Playstation®Plus or Xbox Live subscriptions to play?

A Gold subscription is required to access the TERA Open Beta on Xbox One.

A PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to access the TERA Open Beta on PlayStation 4.

When will I be able to download the Open Beta test client?

The open beta test client will become available at varying times depending on your platform and region:

Xbox One: Wednesday, March 7 or Thursday, March 8 (we’ll let you know once we know for sure)
PS4 (North America): Thursday, March 8
PS4 (Europe): Friday, March 9

How big of an download will it be?

The Open Beta client is 46 GB.

If you are updating from the Technical Test client, the update is approximately 35 GB on Xbox One. This is due to client size optimization/replaced assets. The update size for PlayStation 4 will be known shortly and we’ll update this FAQ once confirmed.

What content is available during the Open Beta?

The Open Beta is restricted to a maximum of level 38. Dungeons and battlegrounds in this level range are playable during the Open Beta.

Will progress made during the Open Beta be wiped?

Yes, character progress will be wiped following the Open Beta.

Will there be a PvP / PvE server to choose from?

Open Beta only has PvE servers. Both PvP and PvE servers will be available when the game launches.

What classes will be available in Open Beta?

The following classes are available during Open Beta:

Archer
Berserker
Lancer
Mystic
Priest
Slayer
Sorcerer
Warrior
Brawler

Which Dungeons will be available during Open Beta?

Bastion of Lok, Sinestral Manor, Saravash’s Ascent, and Cultist Refuge are available during Open Beta.

Which battlegrounds will be available in Open Beta?

Kumas Royal and Iron Battleground are available during Open Beta.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-for-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-faq