The ‘Destiny 2’ Iron Banner Auto Rifle And Sidearm God Rolls You’re Looking For

This has been the first interesting Iron Banner in Destiny 2 for a long while, namely because we have two new weapons that are both actually worth chasing. Technically, they’re not new, and are instead very old, reprised Iron Banner weapons. And yet they are some of the best PvP weapons that have hit the game in a very long time.

It is…very difficult to farm these. You get a single quest that gets you one copy of each (or three copies, if you know about this trick before it’s too late). After that, it’s just a 1 in 13 chance (8 weapons, 5 armor pieces) per token turn-in or (very rare) end of match reward to get the one you’re looking for. And even harder to get the roll you want.

But there are a lot of good rolls on these. I know everyone is talking about the AR, The Forward Path, right now as it’s a 600 rpm in the kinetic slot. And yet the sidearm, Fool’s Remedy, might be the sleeper PvP weapon of the entire season.

So, what rolls do you want? If you ask me:

The Forward Path

Dynamic Sway Reduction/Iron Grip – This is my “console god roll” where you get just an absolutely absurd amount of stability from these two perks, including the new one where you sacrifice reload speed for even more stability. I’ve been using this with War Rig on my Titan, Transversive on my Warlock and Dragon’s Shadow on my Hunter to get around the slow reload, and it’s amazing.

Feeding Frenzy/Multikill Clip or Swashbuckler – This is a good PvE roll, which we might need considering how many other autos are getting sunset. FF pairs great with MKC, though I personally prefer Swashbuckler for damage stacking as you kill, or an instant big boost after melee.

Dynamic Sway Reduction/Tap the Trigger – Not a bad alternative to Iron Grip

You never, ever want Iron Gaze on this gun. It just destroys the range which may be okay for the sidearm, but definitely not for this AR which essentially turns it into a bad SMG. Also, you really want a scope that is an actual scope not like…an iron sights one, as that will allow muzzle flash to be too bright and make it hard to hit things.

Destiny 2

Fool’s Remedy

Feeding Frenzy/Kill Clip – Great for PvP or PvE, and this thing shreds normally, so Kill Clip on it is even more extreme.

Subsistence or Feeding Frenzy or Moving Target/Rangefinder – As you can see I only have a Rangefinder one, not the ideal roll I want, but if I got to pick the other perk, it would be one of those. Either more rounds with Subsistence, faster reload with FF or more stickiness with Moving Target. Rangefinder makes you able to win duels at a very solid range.

Hipfire Grip/Rangefinder –I think this only really works on PC as lol hipfiring on console, come on.

Moving Target/Iron Gaze – Yes, this takes your range down to almost nothing, and yet this is kind of a fun variant of the sidearm that combined with Targeting Adjuster, gives you almost 100 aim assist. Saw this via Aztecross.

Moving Target/Eye of the Storm – This is actually kind of a great gunfighting combo, given the stickiness of moving target combined with the boosts of Eye of the Storm if you’re in a close range fight.

Anything Already Listed/Quickdraw – I know that some people think you must have Quickdraw on a sidearm, but I am using Tricksleeves on my Hunter so this isn’t really a thing for me. But Quickdraw remains a top tier perk for many guns, including getting crazy ready speed and handling on this sidearm.

I don’t actually think you want Iron Grip on this, as losing that much reload speed on a sidearm is not ideal, and stability isn’t a huge issue here. But as you can see, there are really not many bad rolls on this gun.

So, those are my picks. It’s a bit harder to get a great Auto Rifle rolls because there are just so many good Sidearm rolls (though I’ve only had two total drop for me so far).

More of me talking about Iron Banner:

Got this roll with a Reload masterwork. Gun is really nice.

1 Like