The ReaperCast - 93 Forza, Red Dead and Blackout

Grim Reaper Gamers hosts a Bi-Weekly Podcast where we talk about Community News, Video Games, Beer and whatever else we feel like discussing. This episode we talk about Forza Horizons 4, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call of Duty Blackout!

Subscribe to the podcast:
iTunes | Spotify | Android | Google Play | RSS | TuneIn | More

Subscribe on Android Subscribe on iTunes

Lala Rant

• Unrealistic TV / Move Actions – I’m calling out you Fear the Walking Dead!

Gaming and Geek News

• Forza Horizons 4 early release 9/28 for Ultimate edition purchasers.
  • Sony PS1 Classic console 20 games
  • Destiny 2 – Planning to rework infusing gear
  • Telltale layoffs
  • Elder Scrolls 6 Title Revealed?
  • Captain Marvel Trailer
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Massive Open World Revealed
  • Red Dead Online Beta announced
  • Call of Duty Blackout Beta Review

Community Info

Originally published at: https://grimreapergamers.com/2018/09/the-reapercast-93-forza-red-dead-and-blackout/
1 Like

Where is the player?

Ask the Discourse WP plugin. I wanted to see how well it posted a WP post, it failed.

It just cut it out entirely. Embeds don’t transfer well. Someone should do something about that.

Side note: There is only one Captain worth mentioning in StarTrek and that is James Tiberius Kirk. I dont know who this Picard fellow is you keep talking about.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Anyone else have a chance to play Blackout? We’d love to hear your opinion on the new game mode. Is it worth the price of admission? @codplayers

2 Likes

Hell yea !!! And if they allow private lobbies for the game mode , clan night will be fun as hell .

2 Likes

I have not had a year that I didn’t pre-order COD so I was going to get it regardless but for anyone on the fence, Blackout will change your mind about getting this.

It was a lot of fun and to me it took PubG and H1Z1 and mashed them together with a COD foot stomp. Gun play was good, the wing-suit was awesome, having Zombies in play was a cool added touch, inventory management wasn’t crazy hard to deal with and there was plenty of customization and perks to be had.

Definitely worth the price of admission. See you on the battlefield ladies and gents!

2 Likes

Like Lala and I said on the cast, we were not getting COD this year, but Blackout changed our minds. I think the only mistake they’re making with this at this time is not having a $30 standalone version of Blackout. Sell it as part of BO4 as well, but a $30 standalone Blackout title would destroy any of the BR games out there except Fortnite.

In terms of gameplay, the beta was already well beyond PUBG, even though the latter is a supposed “released” title. It’s not even close.

1 Like

They would never do that. It would kill sales on the rest of the game. Killing the margin on development of the rest of the game.

1 Like