The Walking Dead #192 (Comics) SPOILERS

Anyone here still read The Walking Dead comics? If so, have you had the chance to read 192? Holy Fuckballs, it’s a game changer. I’m really at a loss to figure out where this is all going.

I wanted to create a 2nd post so the spoilers didn’t hit chat. Our forum software links posts there.

Rick Grimes is Dead! He was shot in 191 and I guess we all thought he’d be injured but alive. NOPE! He was shot a few more times and turned into a zombie. Of course Carl had to kill him.

I’m not sure where they go from here. After the Negan fight, his arc really seemed to come to an end. Now I’m not sure how they’ll handle the Commonwealth or who will run that. The writers said no one was safe in the Walking Dead world and everyone dies but damn, this is nuts.

I am probably about 6 issues or so behind on this. Maybe more. J think it’s been since Jan since I’ve read any. Will have to catch up. The previous arc “after whisperers” was long drawn out and boring.

At least the issues are quick, you should be up to date in no time.

Yea may hit it this evening now…

I was really only 5 issues back. Finished it up and caught up. Was a good issue, but I still think it’s gotten dry throughout this current arc. I don’t think we’ll see another gov or even all out war, but this arc was painful at times.

Yes, I agree the Commonwealth was a bit too slow.

I also think it would of been better if Zombie Rick got loose and infected the Commonwealth. Started a new epidemic.

1 Like

Agreed with spoiler, however, the aftermath of what happened was pretty powerful.

Soooooo. I just read #193 and wow!

It’s really over. I can’t believe it’s done and he’s walking away from TWD. I guess he told all the story from it he could without just getting too repetitive.

Overall, I thought 193 was a good read and a good ending to TWD. Sure he could of made a bleak ending, he even details his original plan but I think I like how this ended. Carl reading to his kid living a safe and nice life provided by the work Rick did. It’s all Rick ever wanted. I was hesitant to read this book as I still am a TWD fan and enjoy the comics. I really didn’t want it to end but after reading 193, I’m ok with it. It was a satisfying ending and a good comic series.

1 Like

agreed 100%

They did a really good job about bringing it to a close. Commonwealth was long and drawn out (no pun intended), and they introduced a few characters they never put any substance to. The final issue was truly that, a final issue in which they wrapped things nicely. Read Kirkman’s final thoughts, it goes a lot into how difficult it was to put it down, BUT that it was needed as no new stories were forming. I’m glad they ended on this note. In chat Lala mentioned the cover art for other issues… love how they trolled it without giving anything away, really. nice work TWD!

1 Like

HBO’s Game of Thrones could learn a thing or two from this issue.

I’m still bitter about that.

“This extraordinary comic created a world that already lives in multiple forms, and in the hearts and minds of millions of fans around the world, and will for many years to come," AMC Networks said in a statement. The comic series ending is not expected to impact the TV series.

Well, seeing as the TV series went off the rails years ago, as well as deciding to give Daryl a big part…

1 Like