The WNBA Makes Its Video Game Debut In NBA LIVE 18

The full WNBA roster will be playable in a video game for the first time ever in NBA LIVE 18. Along with this information, EA has also released a trailer that showcases this new addition. NBA LIVE executive producer Sean O’Brien had this to say about the partnership:

The WNBA is home to some of the most incredible athletes on the planet, and we’ve been working hard to integrate them into our game in an authentic and meaningful way. This is only a taste of what we have in store, and look forward to working with the league on more great integrations in the franchise in the future.

WNBA president Lisa Borders also shared her thoughts on this collaboration by saying the following:

With EA’s expertise and ingenuity, the game will provide a terrific platform to showcase the players and the league, enabling fans to experience the WNBA in a new, exciting way.

In order to authentically incorporate the WNBA into NBA LIVE 18, EA held motion capture sessions and conducted head scans with many of the athletes. This includes star players such as Maya Moore, Brittney Griner, and Diana Taurasi. Check out the trailer below to see some of these athletes in-game.

NBA LIVE 18 is set to release in September, and EA Access members will receive a 10% discount on digital purchases of the game.

1 Like

To bad the game sucks. It kills me because in the 90s I loved NBA Live. NBA2k is so much better looking, better playing, and more realistic.

Yea, haven’t liked a Live game in a long time. 2K games were good, but I miss the college games.

Yea I miss college basketball and football.