'tis the Season for Christmas Movies

Me, I love Christmas and I thought - while I was bored at work watching Youtube - that I’d start a thread sharing the nest clips from some of the best and my favourite Christmas/holiday movies.

They’re in no particular order, and please feel free to discuss or add you own.

1 Like

NL: Christmas Vacation, Elf, a Christmas Story. I will watch each of them atleast twice. A Christmas Story stays on all day Christmas Day.

I agree. We also watch Home Alone, Elf, Christmas with the Kranks, and NL

I forgot Home Alone. I try to catch that also but it isn’t always easy. They like to show it during Thanksgiving for some reason.

Home Alone and Christmas story are a must in our house. we will also watch Elf. Kids aren’t really ready for Christmas vacation yet.

No Die Hard?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Christmas story and Scrooged for me. Also no Bad Santa listed…

Oh yeah, those three get watched numerous times through November and December, add on Love Actually, It’s a Wonderful Life, Scrooged, Home Aone, Kranks, Four Christmases, Surviving Christmas, A CHristmas Carol, HArold and Kumar Christmas, The Night before and Bad Santas. All watched more than once over the next few weeks.

1 Like

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

I love the mall scene.

I forgot about Home Alone. I’m going to have to find that on the TV this year.
National Lampoons is always top of the list, And then Die Hard. Yippie-Ki-Yay MotherFucker. The Invader Zim special is a must as well. The rest is generally up to whatever kids are around.

I’m going to get @nonagintillion to watch that this Christmas (it will be the first time she watches it).

The very first Charlie Brown Christmas.

I love the music.

And it came out the year I was born.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Often not mentioned much, but I like The Ref with Dennis Leary. Really great for those who dislike their mother in-law.

1 Like

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and Scrooged are my 3 favorites. The kids also love Elf, which is also a pretty good movie, but outside of my top 3. Also just outside my top 3 is Bad Santa. Completely wrong, and completely hilarious.

1 Like