TL/DR week at bungie-TWAB

THIS WEEK AT BUNGIE – 8/15/2019

Aug 15, 2019 - dmg04

This week at Bungie, we released our Director’s Cut.

Usually, you find the majority of Destiny -related news within a This Week at Bungie blog post, dropping each Thursday around 3 PM Pacific. This week, we’ve done something different. We won’t be picking each of these apart here in the TWAB, but rather directing your attention to where this information lives. Here’s the rundown:

Destiny 2 Y2 - DIRECTOR'S CUT - PART I

Luke explores the learnings of Destiny 2 Year 2 and the Annual Pass: what went well, what didn’t, and what we’ve learned. This is a bit of a read, so make sure to have some snacks before you start.

Destiny-2-y2-directors-cut-part-II and a look at year 3 PvE

This morning, Luke went a bit deeper on what the live stream covered, providing additional context for how you will transition from the armor you wear now to Armor 2.0 in the Fall. Additionally, he covered how the ways you acquire Power will change and how New Light will introduce players to the Power system in October.

Destiny 2 Y2 - DIRECTOR'S CUT - PART III YR 3 discussion PvP

Tomorrow, we take a hard look at damage. Shadowkeep will bring many changes to buffs, debuffs, stacking, Supers, and more.

We’re sure you have questions—and that you’ll have even more after tomorrow’s final entry to the Director’s Cut series. We’ll be looking to answer as many as possible as we approach October 1. Sound off with what you’d like to hear more about, and feel free to ask about any of the finer details.

DRESSTINY

While Luke was burning up the keyboard, DeeJ took to the streams to host members of the development team in exploring new elements of customization coming with Armor 2.0 in Shadowkeep . Stats, mods, appearance, and more were discussed throughout the stream.

Watch Armor Customization Preview - Wednesday 8/14 @ 10am Pacific from Bungie on www.twitch.tv

There are a lot of reasons to be excited for Shadowkeep . Quality-of-life updates, overhauls to investment systems, and new ways to fine-tune your monster-killing machine. Of all the customization options coming with Armor 2.0, I’m most excited to rock my favorite Titan gauntlets once more, decked out with various mods to complement my playstyle. Shaxx always tells me to throw more grenades, but I sure do love shoulder charging people into oblivion.

Discipline, strength, and resilience are on my mind. Intellect? Bah. I don’t need the help. I’ll make my own Supers with my knee. That said, efficiency is only half the battle. Destiny is also about fashion. Some even call it Dresstiny from time to time. Starting in Shadowkeep , we’ll be celebrating those among you with a keen eye for style with a new Community emblem.

The Levante Prize

The most prestigious fashion prize. Awarded in honor of the original Guardian Outfitter, Eva Levante.

“When I was young, the Last City would celebrate looking fashionable for a whole week. Seeing that tradition come back brings me such joy. It’s my honor to grant you the first Levante prize of a new fashionable era.” —Eva Levante

Each month, we’ll host a fashion show of sorts, and winners will earn this sweet emblem. I personally can’t wait to see how you all customize your guardians, mixing and matching various sets with an assortment of shaders. Stay tuned for more details!

I actually did read it all but i will find some good cliff notes videos to post…I think i met my reading quota for the year

1 Like

Ya think?