Warzone’s DMR 14, Dual Pistols, MAC-10 & more finally nerfed

Raven Software confirmed that the controversial BOCW DMR 14, Type 63, akimbo Diamattis, and MAC-10 have finally received a nerf in Warzone Season 1.

Since the integration between Black Ops Cold War and Warzone on December 16, a few weapons have clearly shone above the rest.

The semi-automatic Tactical Rifles, MAC-10 SMG, and dual Diamatti pistols have been game-breakingly powerful. Although dozens of new weapons were added to the game, the loot pool only became smaller.

Not only were these weapons the most viable choices, they actually changed how the pace of the game. The time-to-kill on these weapons was so high that firefights were over in an instant and every small mistake would be punished.

Now, fans can rejoice in the fact that Raven Software have nerfed the over-powered weapons.

DMR and more finally nerfed in Warzone

“The time has come,” they announced on Today, confirming a Warzone update is going live.

The following changes have been applied to the over-powered weapons.

• DMR 14 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
  • Type 63 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
  • MAC-10 – Decreased headshot multiplier
  • Akimbo Diamattis – Increased hip-fire spread, decreased damage range

Previously, if you landed a headshot with the DMR 14 or Type 63, the enemies would only require another shot anywhere on the body to drop them. Body shots were still insanely powerful so fans are unconvinced this change will be enough.

The MAC-10 was extremely overpowered but not outright broken, so a decreased headshot multiplier should make other SMGs viable again.

The Diamattis, however, were arguably broken. It only took one burst from these pistols to down an enemy and because they were fired from the hip, there was very little skill involved in aiming them. With an increased hip-fire spread and decreased damage, you might just have a chance if you meet them in Warzone.

We are yet to see how much of an impact these changes will have on the game, but fans will be delighted to see that devs have been listening to their requests.

Is this update in effect now? Seems like the DMR will still be decent and a gun I keep using. Along with a SMG. If not, I’ll go back to my infamous KAR98.

I’ll dump my Mac 10. Time for the AK-74U meta!!! lol. I wonder what the hot SMG will be? Probably default back to the MP5s.

Fuck the Diamattis. We ran into that dude last night that wiped us out with 4 trigger pulls. Fully plated and all… FUCK THAT.

Update is for today.

Starts the grind of leveling another gun to get the Mets weapon

The DMR has been nerfed in Warzone, but players are still not satisfied with the balance of the weapon.

In a patch early on the morning of January 6, Raven software announced that the DMR, Diamatti, Type 63, and Mac-10 have all been nerfed following player outcry regarding the state of those weapons.

Among the nerfs for the DMR are recoil increases and headshot multiplier decreases. However, upon initial inspection, players are unhappy with the results of the nerf, claiming it to not be enough.

In a video by YouTuber Speros, he showcases the updated recoil and seems to control it without any issues, similar to the previous recoil of the weapon, stating, “There is no recoil on this gun, at all.”

Clearly, there has been a slight recoil adjustment, but to Speros credit, the weapon seems quite easy to control.

The voice actor for Ghost even commented on the nerf, calling on Raven to nerf the weapon again, citing “DMR-you-kidding me @RavenSoftware?” on his Twitter account.

Popular YouTuber JGOD also gave his input on the nerf on Twitter, saying, “There is obviously a difference, but it went from unbelievably broken to a little Overpowered.”

JGOD’s view seems to be more optimistic, in hopes more nerfs will be on the way in the future. Being that the DMR is a marksman rifle, it would make sense to have a large amount of recoil with high damage, rewarding players for well-placed shots.

Another YouTuber, MarleyThirteen, posted some gameplay on his Twitter as well, showcasing that the weapon still yields fast kill times, prior to the nerf.

After quickly picking off an enemy, he states “come on folks, come on, what is this?” before hilariously disconnecting from the Call of Duty Warzone servers, claiming he was kicked for using the DMR.

Maybe Raven will release another update to address the DMR in the future, but for now, it still reigns as a dominant weapon in Warzone.

We used it last night and it was still pretty beasty.

Don’t toss that DMR away too fast. We were still wrecking with it.

Then they need to adjust the EBR and SKS as well. Allow them to be viable in Warzone.