Warzone Tournament?? Help us figure out how.

There was talk on Discord about attempting some sort of Warzone Tournament. Let’s try to hash out how that would work since there are no private Warzone lobbies. I’m assuming it will be based off score from games, Kills, Points, Wins, etc.

How would this work? Can we pull up past game stats on the Call of Duty app?

I figured I’d toss this out to GRG to help come up with some sort of solution.

@codplayers

1 Like

You can see detailed stats here by match. Can use this to validate and calculate points on a paticular night.

Teams or 3 or 4.
Each team starts at 8:30 pm. They play straight through until 11pm. No more queuing in after 11, but can finish any game that goes past that time. Regardless of how many games played, they keep track of their best 3 games. Team with most points wins.
Point break down:
1 point for each kill
3 points for top 20 finish
5 points for top 10 finish
10 points for top 5 finish
15 points for Vic Roy

That’s really the most basic format and allows teams to be rewarded for both kills and placement. Because none of us are going to go out there and get 50 kill squad wins, I think it would be smart to make each kill worth 2 points. This would balance out the fast place kill seekers with the rooftop campers going for placement

Use screenshots as a primary or secondary tracker.

No additional time allowed for bad lobby (ie laggy servers, disconnect, error codes, game resets, quit outs)

Let me dig in. I thought I stumbled on a way we can have a private Warzone map the other week. You could in Blackout.

1 Like

you can’t

I didn’t think so but if you have a way that’s epic.

I agree with most of this, but hiding in a bush and getting a win with two kills should not be scored as good as gettin 8 kills and third place. There should be a kill multplyer also.

50 points for a win
40 points for 2nd
30 points for 3rd
25 points for 4th and 5th
20 points for 6th - 10th
15 points for 11th - 15th
10 points for 16th - 20th
5 points for 21st and up
1 point for a kill with a multiplyer :
1st x 5
2nd x 4
3rd x 3
4th and 5th x 2.5
6th - 10th x 2
11th - 20th x 1.5

Also 5 points for a completed challenge.

We’re going to need an Accountant to sort out scoring. @valiantvictory how much do you charge?

I agree Beers. I was just trying to lay a foundation for scoring, values can be changed as needed. I think tracking points for challenges shouldn’t be a part though. No way of tracking them so we would have to take the players word

Not true…the final scoreboard shows completed challenges.
We’d be using Screenshots anyway.

1 Like

Hmm, I guess I’ve never noticed. I like it

Maybe use score per min instead.

I can make all kinds of shit up for scoring :wink:

2 Likes

Score per minute, not a fan myself. I can adapt but playing warzone like a streamer and running and gunning doesn’t work out so well. Rooftop camping will be a problem. I’m more of a fan of the kills/placement score.