The next Watch Dogs: Legion update is currently rolling out to all players. Update 2.30 supposedly fixes plenty more of those Xbox One crash issues players have been coming up against, but if you’re an Xbox Series X|S player struggling with the autosave problem, you’re going to have to wait a little longer until that issue is fixed.
Since Legion launched back in October, some Xbox One players have been running into numerous and frequent crashes with the game. Players in the Ubisoft forums, Twitter, and beyond have all been reporting this issue, with some only managing about five minutes of playtime before Legion locks up. Well, according to the TU 2.30 patch notes, several more crash issues have been fixed.
However, for the Xbox Series X|S players who are having trouble with Legion not saving progress, this problem won’t be fixed in the 2.30 update. Ubisoft says the dev team has “identified the underlying cause and is working on an additional fix for this specific issue,” but doesn’t say when another update that solves this issue will release. If you have been losing progress to this bug, you’re going to have to wait a little longer until Ubisoft can iron this one out.
Here are the Xbox-specific highlights taken from the TU 2.30 patch notes:
TU 2.30 patch notes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to change game difficulty and permadeath options while in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen could occur when opening the door to hidden rooms.
- Super Game Over: Fixed an issue where, after getting Game Over in Permadeath Mode, players would spawn without any player characters when starting a new game.
- Players can no longer defy space and time to open an ETO safe an infinite amount of times.
- Added Arabic subtitles to the English and Russian version of the game.
- Fixed an issue where voice over would sometimes get auto muted.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur when recruiting an Albion guard in the mission “Inside Albion”.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after longs periods of play.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the drone point of view during the “Into the Void” mission.
- Further optimizations made to save games to reduce the likelihood of corruption and lost progression.
Xbox Series X
- Fixed an issue where the game launched in English when the console language was set to Arabic.
- Improved graphics in instances where corruption occurred.
Update 2.30 is rolling out to all players sometime today.