What are you cooking for Labor Day weekend?

I am doing a large (8-10 racks) pork rib cook on Sunday for friends and family. Probably do some Atomic Buffalo Turds, Bacon Wrapped Burnt Ends and Moink Balls as appetizers.

What are youuuuuuuu cooking this weekend?

2 Likes

Baby back ribs were BOGO today, so we got a couple slabs. Because it’s just me and the wife eating, that’ll be enough! Definitely using the Jekyll and Hyde sauce for the ribs. Atomic for me and kick ass for the wife.

I’ll also make tots, probably cook them in the convection oven get them crispy and then lather them in bacon grease and then cheese.

1 Like

I’m thinking about making my spicey peppered steak I replace the green bell peppers with pablanos and jalapenos and saute onions garlic jalapenos and seranos and the seeds from all the peppers together mhmmm.

3 Likes

We have company coming for the weekend and I believe they are bringing some ribs for us to cook up today. Burgers likely tomorrow.

Swineapple, my man!

2 Likes

I have a hankering for some Khalil Mack & Cheese. Maybe with a side a ribs.

Da Bears!

3 Likes

Spice Adams and his ribs - a great Bear!

I’ll have to figure something out for Monday. I’ll be too busy getting shot to hell at a Paintball Scenario event on Sunday.

1 Like

So I cooked up a can of Whoop Ass yesterday. Great day for paintball. They did a Zombie scenario day so it was a bit chaotic with zombies roaming around.

Camera went blurry on what would of been a cool pic

Freaking awesome tank (thankfully it was on our side)

1 Like

We grilled burgers last night and going with pot roast tonight. Not traditional but one of my favorites that momma makes and we’ve not had it all summer.

3 Likes

Obligatory Prep Shot - All St Louis Style Pork Ribs

I brined them for two days before the cook in the Alton Brown pork brine.

3 Likes

I did some pork belly today that I’ll use some dishes this week. I’ll brown it up with some rice and veggies for some stir fry tomorrow night.

1 Like