Who's getting World of Warcraft Classic?

Anyone in GRG getting Warcraft Classic? I figured I’d start a thread to see if anyone was interested. Maybe you all could group up.

Personally, I’m doubtful as I don’t believe my current laptop will be able to run it.

Are you getting World of Warcraft Classic?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Been waiting for this freaking thread @Lala_Calamari lol. I will be re subbing and playing it and I will be playing a mage, rogue or hunter. I am still torn. Hopefully enough GRG members get it and we can figure out what server and faction to run. I am thinking Mankrik - PVE and Horde. Only 8 days left.

Also, @Lala_Calamari below are what I found for specs needed to run it.

Classic (initial release) Edit

These are the requirements as of 28-Apr-2009:[8]

System requirements have increased since launch due to content patches and new features added in line with the latest expansions.

PC System Requirements

OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista (with latest Service Packs)

Processor

Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Recommended: Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

Memory

Minimum: 512 MB RAM (1GB for Vista users)

Recommended: 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

Video

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better

Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

Mac System Requirements

Processor

Minimum: PowerPC G5 1.6 GHz or Intel Core Duo processor

Recommended: Intel 1.8GHz processor or better

Memory

Minimum: 1 GB RAM

Recommended: 2 GB RAM

Video

Minimum: 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 64 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon 9600 or NVIDIA GeForce Ti 4600 class card or better

Recommended: 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM Such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA 7600 class card or better

Feel free to kick off any threads. I’m old and forgetful (or drunk). So don’t wait on me.

1 Like

I used to love this game back when it fist came out. Pretty sure wife would devorce me.

For the Horde!

2 Likes

@SoulTerror that is understandable. Maybe you can make a comeback.

@Lala_Calamari I figured I would let you handle it since you had been talking about it. I am just eager to play lol.

Also, if you re sub now you can reserve up to 3 names that you want on the server. Or try to at least if they are not already taken.

Fuck the Horde. Alliance all the way. And I mostly PvP’d in Warcraft. FUCK THE HORDE.

@Lala_Calamari I take it you will be playing alliance?

Yeah, if I do play it would be Alliance. Fuck the Horde.

The benefit also is, most will go horde. Making Horde PvP queues rough. Alliance will have open queues.

That is true. I have my names reserved but on horde toons. If you play and I go ally I can just easily move the names over.