Coming with Title Update 5, Tier 1 was designed to provide players a challenging and hard core experience with an increased and scalable difficulty. You will be able to activate this new mode once you’ve reached level 30 in the main game. When enabled, your Tier level will be displayed near your player name and will be visible to everyone in the game as well as on your player profile page. A new XP bar called Tier points will also appear. Like in the main game, completing primary and side missions in addition to solo challenges available in the Live Season Challenges will allow you to earn Tier points and level up once the bar is filled.
When playing this new mode for the first time, all players will automatically start from Tier 50. When levelling up, the difficulty will increase gradually until you reach the last stage, called Tier 1. To help you in this new and challenging game mode, you will be able to upgrade your weapon damage from level 1 to level 30 by using the Upgrade Weapons feature available in Gunsmith. Resources can be earned as loot in the field and also accumulate in Guerrilla mode on the free companion app.
Live Season Challenges will also allow you to earn resources and specific rewards, including Tier 1 XP Boosters. You can still play with your friends under Tier 1 mode, however when pairing up with other player in cTier 1 XP booster add up an average of each player’s Tier level in addition to those who didn’t activate the mode in order to offer your squad a balanced level of difficulty.
The dev team implemented new specific and unlockable rewards every five Tier levels. Tier 1 will allow you to live a new kind of challenging and hard core experience for free, solo or with your friends. Please note that if you need to disable the Tier 1 mode, you can reactivate it anytime, as your progression will not be impacted or lost.
Title Update 5
Below, you will find the patch notes for Title Update 5, available on June 28 on consoles and PC. As in previous updates, Title Update 5 will include a brief maintenance period to update our servers for the new version.
The patch will be up to 7.42 GB on PC depending on your client, and up to 8.8 GB on consoles depending on the version already installed. An in-game notification will alert players when the update becomes available. Please note that players will need to reboot the game to apply the patch, and will need to have the same version of the game in order to play co-op.
In addition to the Tier 1 mode implemented in the game, this latest update focuses on fixing several issues reported by the community alongside gameplay bugs that affected player experience. For instance, we fixed the drone and binoculars becoming unavailable after self-healing with the medical drone and also adjusted projectile damage dealt to vehicles at long range.
We’ve also resolved several gameplay issues affecting players’ experience such as the Whisper pistol who had no silencer and would alarm NPCs. Some bugs affecting the expansions have also been fixed. For instance, the follower icon missing on the tacmap in Narco Road or the crossbow bug in Fallen Ghosts, both reported by the community. Alongside these fixes, we’ve also implemented some changes in order to improve the player experience by adding more adjustments to the squad volume setting slider in addition to detection causes now displayed above the mini-map.
Title Update 5 will also usher in season two of the Live Season Challenges, with a new focus, new challenges, and new rewards. Additionally, challenges will now include some additional gameplay parameters such as difficulty or HUD settings. You can follow along with the new episodes on the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Network.
Here’s the detailed list of fixes and improvements, with the PC-specific ones at the end:
- The reason for detection is now displayed above the mini-map.
- Fixed a bug where the player could not use the drone or the binoculars after using the medic drone to heal.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles would take low damage when shot from a long distance.
- Corrected a bug where the Stoner LMG folded buttstock would be described with an incorrect location in the loadout.
-Corrected a bug where Whisper pistol had no silencer and would alarm NPCs if players used it.
- An unusual noise was heard near a ruined hut…
- Fixed a bug where the M9 handgun would sound the same with or without a suppressor.
- Fixed a bug where the follower icon could be missing when in the tacmap.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be detected by NPCs when shooting at long distance with a crossbow.
- Fixed a bug where excessive lighting would occur in certain weather types in the Fallen Ghosts expansion when the Enhanced Godrays option was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where selecting the Left Handed Mouse option would display the right click for fast travel on the tacmap instead of the left click.
- Fixed a bug where an Xbox One controller would lose input if the controller was disconnected while the game was unfocused.,
- Fixed a bug where the mouse click was not displayed for the Skills shortcut in the Command Wheel.
- Fixed a bug where a pop-up related to Easy Anti Cheat would be displayed at every game start if the User Account Control feature was enabled in Windows.*
- Fixed a bug where rapidly closing NVIDIA Ansel after it was open caused the game to run at 1 frame per second.
*Please note that this pop-up will only be displayed the first time you start the game with the UAC feature enabled.